Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Major SE USA travel waiver notice issued for Hurricane Florence

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Major SE USA travel waiver notice issued for Hurricane Florence

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2018, 5:02 am

Originally Posted by morrisunc
Yet another weather event where Delta runs a normal schedule and AA cancels for an entire day in "anticipation" of a hurricane hitting RDU. Was booked on AA this am and woke up to every flight being canceled for the day. This, despite the weather forecast now saying Raleigh will not be hit. Went to Delta terminal where I'm now sitting on the 3rd on-time LGA-RDU flight of the day.
3rd day in a row... AA canceled most/all NYC/RDU flights, while Delta running a full schedule (for now, at least).
Old Sep 14, 2018, 8:03 am

Programs: US-Plt;Concierge key; American AAirpass; Delta Silver;Starwood - Platinum; Amex Cent
Originally Posted by dave_261
3rd day in a row... AA canceled most/all NYC/RDU flights, while Delta running a full schedule (for now, at least).

This seems to happen all the time when there is a weather event - like anticipated snow in the RDU area. Delta will at least TRY to run flights - and usually does gets some out - while AA just cancels everything. You would think that AA would at least try to copy Delta's operations play book in this area - as they copy all the crappy stuff Delta does.

Don't know why I didn't book Delta to begin with on this route as AA has also switched to crappy one class e140s while Delta is running nothing but 2-class RJs. Another example of AA trying to serve the NYC business traveler I guess....because we all like to fly coach.
Old Sep 15, 2018, 12:09 pm

Programs: US-Plt;Concierge key; American AAirpass; Delta Silver;Starwood - Platinum; Amex Cent
Back in the air on Delta RDU-LGA. Yet another day where AA canceled all flights between RDU&LGA and Delta is running 100% on time operation.
Old Sep 15, 2018, 12:44 pm

Originally Posted by morrisunc
Back in the air on Delta RDU-LGA. Yet another day where AA canceled all flights between RDU&LGA and Delta is running 100% on time operation.
Been watching RDU the past few days. AA has canceled at least 30-40 flights (albeit a few to Charlotte which is also being impacted). Heck, they even canceled RDU-LHR twice. I don't think Delta has canceled a single flight, and they have easily 2x the departures as AA.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.