Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Admirals Club - does a child count as a guest?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13, 2018, 3:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC - Silver, BonVoy - Abassador Elite, HH - Diamond

Hi all,

I am a OW Sapphire (from my BA status) and am entitled to use Admirals lounges with one guest. I will soon be traveling with my sister and her child and I was wondering if children count as a guest? Or would I possibly be able to take them both in?

Thanks in advance.
Old Aug 13, 2018, 3:21 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Children over 2 count as a guest.
JDiver and gemcan83 like this.
Old Aug 13, 2018, 5:14 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold but PlatPro thanks to LPs
Originally Posted by gemcan83
Hi all,

I am a OW Sapphire (from my BA status) and am entitled to use Admirals lounges with one guest. I will soon be traveling with my sister and her child and I was wondering if children count as a guest? Or would I possibly be able to take them both in?

Thanks in advance.
How old is the kid?
gemcan83 likes this.
Old Aug 13, 2018, 5:28 pm

Programs: AA-CK, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
I'm sure the rule is based on age, however in my experience it is one that is really up to the discretion of the gatekeeper. I have had my two adult children and wife get in with me many times. I have had my two children when they were minors not allowed (only 1) fortunately another traveler guested the second child - really angered the gatekeeper. The most gracious gatekeeper allowed my two adult children their fiancees, my wife, father of one of the fiancees into the lounge. The three older adults into the Flagship, the 4 younger adults into the AC.

Just for the record, I'm completely upfront with the gatekeeper who everyone is and ask nicely fully willing to accept a no. The very few times it did not work out - Oh Well!
gemcan83 likes this.
Old Aug 15, 2018, 12:06 am

Programs: AA EXP, 2MM, HH Diamond
Technically your sister’s child would have to count as one guest. However, a couple of years ago my brother and his children were traveling on the same day, and I had a day pass from Citi that I was going to give him so we could all visit the LAX T4 club together. But the agent insisted that they didn’t need the pass and allowed me to guest all of them. Perhaps she thought they were my children. YMMV.
Old Aug 15, 2018, 8:28 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
I’ve been an Admirals Club member since 1986. Up to two years of age, absolutely no problem. Beyond that, the younger the child, the more likely the child will be admitted, at the discretion of the admittance desk agent, anecdotally and based on my observation. The key word here is discretion.
gemcan83 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.