Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Reasonable Compensation for 16 hour delay, diversion and lost bag

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Reasonable Compensation for 16 hour delay, diversion and lost bag

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2018, 10:55 am

Originally Posted by bww

To answer the status question:
I am a Gold member. This was economy ticket upgraded with miles and copay to business at time of booking.

Re the too tired, the FAs said they did not time out. It was the pilots choice. The FAs wanted to continue but the pilots were fatigued.

You understand I missed 16 hours of my vacation because of a mechanical issue and had a 2 day delay of baggage? I don't think I am being unreasonable asking other FT members their opinion on what is reasonable compensation.
Would you prefer that the pilots flew when they felt that they were too fatigued to fly. You can be sure that management will talk to them about why they voluntarily pull themselves from the flight so they must have felt that they had a good reason not to fly. I would prefer to miss a flight than have a fatigues pilot make a possibly fatal mistake.

DON
Old Aug 15, 2018, 11:18 am

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Owner of 2,000 TWA shares
Originally Posted by donaldsc
Would you prefer that the pilots flew when they felt that they were too fatigued to fly. You can be sure that management will talk to them about why they voluntarily pull themselves from the flight so they must have felt that they had a good reason not to fly. I would prefer to miss a flight than have a fatigues pilot make a possibly fatal mistake.

DON

It's obvious that the OP wanted to get to his destination on time. It wasn't weather, it was AA that caused the FUBAR. The OP would've 'preferred' that AA fulfilled it's obligation to get him safely to his destination when they said they would. Maybe the pilots were tired, maybe they were part of a work action. Regardless, don't question the Ops conscience as to whether he/she thought it was okay to proceed with tired pilots. AA screwed up, not him/her.
Old Sep 3, 2018, 6:11 pm

Programs: Delta, United, American, Norwegian, Southwest, Frontier, Bonvoy
Originally Posted by bww

Thanks for this info. I have travel insurance and will be filing the delay claim. AA didn't acknowledge the expenses in reply to my webform. I agree that the travel insurance will be easier.
Good luck with the travel insurance, the limit for delayed baggage may be quite low. I, too, had a 2-day bag delay flying to Reykjavik (different situation, different airline). Trip insurance covered $150 max, Icelandair gave $100 without even being asked. My outlay was about $700 (it was winter, my daughter needed warm clothes).
Old Sep 13, 2018, 7:30 pm

Programs: Southwest, Alaska, United, American Airlines
AA should fined severely for this by the FAA. The airline promised to fix whatever problems allowed non-ETOPS birds to be flown to Hawaii a few years back, and yet the problem continues.
Old Sep 13, 2018, 7:59 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by nerdbirdsjc
AA should fined severely for this by the FAA. The airline promised to fix whatever problems allowed non-ETOPS birds to be flown to Hawaii a few years back, and yet the problem continues.
Fined for what - the description indicates that the airline took appropriate measures to ensure that the flight was operated within the rules

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.