Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Never Recomending or Flying American Airlines AGAIN

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Never Recomending or Flying American Airlines AGAIN

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31, 2018, 4:50 pm

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum; HHonors Diamond;Emerald Club Executive Elite
Originally Posted by ShortDog
Is there a right part?
Such a stoopid question! Everyone knows the answer is NO.
Old Jul 31, 2018, 5:20 pm

Programs: Whatever's Cheapest, Accruing Miles, Redeeming for Premium Cabins, Not Chasing Status Unnecessarily
Originally Posted by Scamet
Earlier this year America Airlines left me on the wrong part of Alabama which made me miss my Uncles viewing and Funeral. On top of that my luggage went missing for a two days because of American Airlines mistake. This made me have to pay out of pocket expenses like buying extra clothes, paying for hotel rooms, paying for extra transportation and when I wrote to American Airlines all I was given a repeated Apology which didn’t help me out any. My Uncle was a Proud Retired Army Veteran and American Airline took those days away from me to Honor him. So I will not recommend American Airline or Fly with and I still have all their pathetic excuse of emails and show it to people so no one goes through what I went through.
Sorry for your loss.

You are right to be angry but all the airlines have bad days.

You can write a letter back with what you think was wrong and what you think you deserve in compensation. Keep it simple and nonthreatening and factual and use paragraphs.

Also, you are free not to use AA, but like I said, all the airlines have bad days and sometimes flights and luggage get screwed up.

Checking luggage is always a risk.

Also, you may want to check if you have any trip interruption or baggage insurance through your credit card company as well. You may be eligible for compensation with them, so save your receipts etc.

Good luck
Old Aug 1, 2018, 12:28 am

Originally Posted by SpinOn2
Perhaps flyertalk should introduce a feature where once you sign up, you cannot make your first thread for 24 hours, see how often OP's like this happen. Then again, I enjoy the quick sensationalism and lack of details such as these.... so never mind!
No we shouldn't put in filters! I come here for the variety of sensational stories regaling us of spoiled fish, torn jeans buddy pass viral videos, discrimination complaints on being treated differently for being (fill in the blank with your pet grievance), and sundaes smuggled into coach.
AAway, pandaperth, SpinOn2 and 2 others like this.
Old Aug 1, 2018, 6:04 am

Originally Posted by C17PSGR
I think some upset people stumble across FT on google and think this is a place to get the attention of an airline or hotel, which simply isn't the case. I suspect some of these may be some of the same people I was standing behind in pre-check who had a hard time making it through.
Agreed. I think that due to the level of detail in the discussions here on FT, as well as the depth of expertise of many of the members, people looking in think that this is some sort of industry insider forum.
Webogirl likes this.
Old Aug 1, 2018, 11:14 am

Programs: CK or bust
Originally Posted by arlflyer
Agreed. I think that due to the level of detail in the discussions here on FT, as well as the depth of expertise of many of the members, people looking in think that this is some sort of industry insider forum.
Not to mention the level of conjuncture and creative, albeit sometimes entirely incorrect advice that is generously dispensed each day as well. That can help further the illusion of an authoritative resource for the single-post fly-by ranters.

IIRC, one of the evangelists on the FT AA forum once mentioned in a post that upper AA management either ignores or looks down upon the forum with distain so it's is likely still the last place to have your voice heard unless your post makes it onto FoxNew's radar.
Old Aug 1, 2018, 2:46 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
As amusing as this thread is, I'd honestly like to hear exactly what happened. Sounds like a WX diversion where the weather didn't quickly clear at the destination airport? OP then abandoned the continuation of the flight and it took AA a couple days to get the traveler and bag reunited? I could easily see it if the aircraft returned to its point of origin instead continuing to its destination.

Although AA serves four airports in Alabama, it's also possible that they diverted to an airport that had no scheduled AA service. I've had that happen before on various airlines, with one side effect being that they don't have personnel to offload luggage. You can walk away, but your bag cannot.
Old Aug 1, 2018, 3:24 pm

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Originally Posted by pinniped
As amusing as this thread is, I'd honestly like to hear exactly what happened. Sounds like a WX diversion where the weather didn't quickly clear at the destination airport? OP then abandoned the continuation of the flight and it took AA a couple days to get the traveler and bag reunited? I could easily see it if the aircraft returned to its point of origin instead continuing to its destination.

Although AA serves four airports in Alabama, it's also possible that they diverted to an airport that had no scheduled AA service. I've had that happen before on various airlines, with one side effect being that they don't have personnel to offload luggage. You can walk away, but your bag cannot.
I don't think it's going to happen:
Last Activity: Jul 30, 18 5:59 pm
Which is the same time as original post.
Old Aug 1, 2018, 3:26 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Ah well, maybe OP is still stuck in the wrong part of Alabama. I hear they are expected to have Internet there by 2040, so perhaps we'll get a response then.
Old Aug 1, 2018, 4:52 pm
Suspended

Programs: Rapid Rewards, AAdvantage, SkyMiles
Originally Posted by enpremiere

IIRC, one of the evangelists on the FT AA forum once mentioned in a post that upper AA management either ignores or looks down upon the forum with distain so it's is likely still the last place to have your voice heard..
The feeling's mutual. AA has some wonderful front-line employees in customer service, gate agents, check-in agents, flight attendants, and pilots. Their management (from the top down) is the worst in the business and needs help. It's a sad day when I think the people working at UA's HQ in Chicago has more competent people then the people they are hiring in Fort Worth.
Old Aug 1, 2018, 5:19 pm

Programs: Chase Sapphire Reserve, WFBF
Originally Posted by C17PSGR
I think some upset people stumble across FT on google and think this is a place to get the attention of an airline or hotel, which simply isn't the case. I suspect some of these may be some of the same people I was standing behind in pre-check who had a hard time making it through.

In reality, sounds like OP had a difficult travel experience and if rather than a rant, OP had asked for help ....he'd find a lot of assistance here.
I don't know which upsets me more, the people standing there with all their stuff on the metal table who can't figure out that they have to push their bag onto the belt, or the TSA who designed the stupid thing so that the belt only starts 2 inches outside the X-ray machine.

But at times it does seem like pre-check line mostly consists of people who have never traveled before .

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.