Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Never Recomending or Flying American Airlines AGAIN

Old Jul 30, 18, 7:59 pm
Original Poster

Earlier this year America Airlines left me on the wrong part of Alabama which made me miss my Uncles viewing and Funeral. On top of that my luggage went missing for a two days because of American Airlines mistake. This made me have to pay out of pocket expenses like buying extra clothes, paying for hotel rooms, paying for extra transportation and when I wrote to American Airlines all I was given a repeated Apology which didn’t help me out any. My Uncle was a Proud Retired Army Veteran and American Airline took those days away from me to Honor him. So I will not recommend American Airline or Fly with and I still have all their pathetic excuse of emails and show it to people so no one goes through what I went through.
Old Jul 30, 18, 8:06 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, TAP, Mexico, Technical Support and Feedback, and The Suggestion Box

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Welcome to FlyerTalk.

I’m not sure what happened, as your post really says nothing about how they left you in the “wrong part of Alabama”. If you want advice or assistance, you need to tell us more.

If you just want to record a rant, you’ve done so, but I doubt it will influence anyone who knows most US airlines suffer the same ills or who are the frequent travelers that post on these fora and know how to deal with the common causes of airline troubles. There’s a lot to learn from our members and resources if you’re interested.
Old Jul 30, 18, 8:53 pm
Suspended

Programs: Rapid Rewards, AAdvantage, SkyMiles
Uh, AA serves 4 airports in Alabama, but considering none of them are close in name/close proximity to each-other I am confused as to how they "left you at the wrong airport".
Old Jul 30, 18, 10:02 pm

The only thing I can think of is that a flight diverted to another airport in Alabama (ie a DFW-BHM flight diverted to MOB) and the passenger didn't give any real leeway in scheduling in case of an event like that.
Old Jul 31, 18, 5:25 am

Programs: AAdvantage (Exec. Plat.)
Great first post!
jhartvu and GaryD like this.
Old Jul 31, 18, 5:44 am

Originally Posted by Scamet View Post
the wrong part of Alabama
Is there a right part?
Old Jul 31, 18, 6:05 am
nrr

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
At https://www.aa.com/i18n/travel-info/...ed-baggage.jsp under "reimbursement", shouldn't OP be reimbursed for his immediate purchases--provided he established a proper claim (as noted on that page)?
Old Jul 31, 18, 9:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver / VS /IHG Spire & Ambassador
<redacted>

I do hope the OP comes back with more details on the airports etc involved as requested by JDiver in post 2 so they can be given some advice as to that they can expect AA to reimburse.

OP unfortunately flights do get delayed. AA aren't to know that you are going to a funeral - or as in a recent post a nephews graduation or a friends wedding etc etc. They didn't set out to cause difficulties for you and other passengers.
wrp96, truthknown and C17PSGR like this.

Last edited by JDiver; Jul 31, 18 at 10:21 am Reason: Redacted previously deleted post content and reply
Old Jul 31, 18, 9:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: The Airline Run by Doug P
<redacted>

Oh I bet the OP has been on this thread many times. He simply isn't responding because he isn't liking what he is reading from other posters--the truth.

Last edited by JDiver; Jul 31, 18 at 10:22 am Reason: Redacted previously deleted post content and reply
Old Jul 31, 18, 10:03 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
OP - Why not reframe your original post into a short narrative explaining exactly what happened. Please try to focus on the exact facts of what went wrong rather than the unfortunate consequences.
Old Jul 31, 18, 10:18 am

Programs: Lots of faux metal
<redacted>

This forum gets random postings like this all the time. It always happened "earlier this year" or several months ago which makes it difficult for people to try to help. Its always a big event (e.g. wedding, funeral, honeymoon, only vacation they have ever had, etc.), add some extra details to sell it (e.g. "Proud Retired Army Veteran") and the airline "ruined it." No further details are ever provided and the poster never comes back. Maybe they are scared off, maybe they just wanted to get it off their chest, maybe they are just trolls who like to rile up the masses.

If this was truly an awful event that the OP hasn't been able to get over months later and it drove them to create an account on a frequent flier forum to vent, then I would imagine they would be willing to stick around and share their thoughts on it.

Last edited by JDiver; Jul 31, 18 at 10:23 am Reason: Redacted previously deleted post content
Old Jul 31, 18, 10:48 am

Programs: AA Gold, Enterprise PLT, Marriott Gold
Perhaps flyertalk should introduce a feature where once you sign up, you cannot make your first thread for 24 hours, see how often OP's like this happen. Then again, I enjoy the quick sensationalism and lack of details such as these.... so never mind!
C17PSGR, JonNYC, elperro and 2 others like this.
Old Jul 31, 18, 11:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus
Originally Posted by Scamet View Post
Earlier this year America Airlines left me on the wrong part of Alabama which made me miss my Uncles viewing and Funeral. On top of that my luggage went missing for a two days because of American Airlines mistake. This made me have to pay out of pocket expenses like buying extra clothes, paying for hotel rooms, paying for extra transportation and when I wrote to American Airlines all I was given a repeated Apology which didn’t help me out any. My Uncle was a Proud Retired Army Veteran and American Airline took those days away from me to Honor him. So I will not recommend American Airline or Fly with and I still have all their pathetic excuse of emails and show it to people so no one goes through what I went through.
Alabama's not that big. Are there not buses, cars, etc ways to get you to your uncle's funeral? Presumably you didn't book to arrive the same day as this important event, as you said it took "days" away from you. So, I assume it was impossible you to get to this one specific airport for days? If it was that important to me, and I had days. I would have found another way to get there. Planes only hold so many people. If there was a diversion or cancelation for some reason, it is possible there might not be seat available for days. That is not the fault of the airline
Was there a weather issue? Please describe what happen. The flight number and dates would help. Coming into a forum full of frequent AA travelers and recommending against fly AA is not going to do much without data.
If you had to buy something out of pocket, then AA normally reimburses, if they have lost your luggage. Prior approval is needed if you exceed a specific amount. That is something you ask about at baggage claim when filing the lost baggage report, if they don't tell you.
You do not get to go out and spend as much money as your want on replacement items without AA's approval. This is common among all airlines. Since we do not know what happened, there is no way we can tell you if AA did something out of the ordinary or if this is something you should expect on any airline
Old Jul 31, 18, 11:10 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, TAP, Mexico, Technical Support and Feedback, and The Suggestion Box

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Here’s the deal:

Originally Posted by Maluku_Flyer View Post
It would be trivial to prevent posters with fewer than 5, 10, <other number of> posts from starting new threads. Just like there's a minimum number to post in Wiki post - which seems rather high. After all, there have been loads of one-post-ranters that were never heard from again.
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K View Post
That's true. And yet, there are many who are drawn to FlyerTalk because they have a specific question. I am unwilling to restrict the many because the few irritate us, myself included.
Pretty much, when the Community Director states there will be no restrictions on starting a new thread by new members, that’s definitive.

Now, to those who find their posts deleted:

The FlyerTalk Rules stipulate

12.1 Friendly, Respectful and Welcoming Link to this topic

FlyerTalk is a community and is intended to be a friendly, helpful and collegial place.

Please post in a friendly, respectful, welcoming manner. 'Snarky,' unfriendly posts will not be allowed. If you don't have something constructive to contribute to a thread, please do not post.

Unhelpful posts, such as "Do a search" or those that merely comment on the worthiness of others' posts or threads are neither friendly nor welcoming and will not be allowed. If you can't be helpful or contribute substantive content to a thread, please refrain from posting.
If a member chooses to post unfriendly, snarky, non-constructive content or discuss a poster’s motives rather than topic content in spite of the Rules, that member should be prepared for summary deletion of their post(s).

Thank you,

IAHtraveler and wrp96 like this.
Old Jul 31, 18, 11:24 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
I think some upset people stumble across FT on google and think this is a place to get the attention of an airline or hotel, which simply isn't the case. I suspect some of these may be some of the same people I was standing behind in pre-check who had a hard time making it through.

In reality, sounds like OP had a difficult travel experience and if rather than a rant, OP had asked for help ....he'd find a lot of assistance here.
fotographer, AAway, JonNYC and 7 others like this.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: