Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EZE to Bay Area - Where to Connect?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2018, 3:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA1k, Oneworld Sapphire, Hyatt Globalist, IHG DiamondAmb, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LTP,
Quick quesiton re Miami Config / seats on 77W, 772, which config has the best Business Class? Is it the Super Diamond Seats?

Also is it worth the upsell to F and Is the seat any differrent?
Old Jul 27, 2018, 4:27 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by navatwal
I guess Miami will be my first choice, followed by DFW as its the shortest amount of actual flying time.

Need ot make sure I get a flight from MIA to SFO with lie-flats, is the 767 my best bet?
Yes, the 767 is your best bet for lie flat seats currently for AA’s MIA-SFO route.
Old Jul 27, 2018, 4:32 pm

Quick quesiton re Miami Config / seats on 77W, 772, which config has the best Business Class? Is it the Super Diamond Seats?

Also is it worth the upsell to F and Is the seat any differrent?
The Super Diamond J seats on the 772 are nice. Personally I prefer the J seat on the 77W especially if you have large feet. The 77W seat is more private and has good space.

The F seat on the 77W is larger than the J seat but less private. It’s difficult to say whether or not the mark up in price would be worth it for you as it depends on your preferences and what you value for the increased cost. If it where me I would pick the J seat over the F seat unless the cost difference was small.
Old Jul 27, 2018, 5:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by AlwaysSunnyInORD
The Super Diamond J seats on the 772 are nice. Personally I prefer the J seat on the 77W especially if you have large feet. The 77W seat is more private and has good space.

The F seat on the 77W is larger than the J seat but less private. It’s difficult to say whether or not the mark up in price would be worth it for you as it depends on your preferences and what you value for the increased cost. If it where me I would pick the J seat over the F seat unless the cost difference was small.
You also get Flagship Dining with F, so that's another benefit.

Regardless, I am in agreement - wouldn't pay much more for F.
Old Jul 27, 2018, 5:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
I guess Miami will be my first choice, followed by DFW as its the shortest amount of actual flying time.

Need ot make sure I get a flight from MIA to SFO with lie-flats, is the 767 my best bet?
I'd consider the total elapsed travel time, and also, if you're quite familiar with EZE departures, the least bad time to leave.

(1) JFK - too long a connection - it has been a while since I've taken the flight / connection but now there's a large gap between the AM flights, making it way too long.
(2) DFW - AA 996 758P 509A 772 AA1260 SFO 910A 1050A 788 - you get to EZE prior to the worst of the evening crunch (i.e., 6pm) and you get to SFO early, despite the long connection.
(3) MIA - AA 908 1028P 641A 772 AA 383 830A 1117A 763 - Less travel time, but I'd not want to risk less than 2 hours for a MIA connection. Alternatively, you could depart EZE at 855P (where you could face a minimum of an hour for security and exit formalities after check-in).
Old Jul 27, 2018, 6:22 pm

Originally Posted by Antarius
You also get Flagship Dining with F, so that's another benefit.

Regardless, I am in agreement - wouldn't pay much more for F.
In this case only with a long layover in MIA. Flagship dining in Miami opens in the afternoon.
Old Jul 27, 2018, 7:13 pm

Programs: AA LT Gold
JFK makes the trip too long.

Between DFW and MIA I would pick DFW as EZE-DFW is 11 hours and allows for a full 7 hours if not 8 hours of sleep.
The second leg DFW-SFO is a morning flight and a very short one and lie-flat is unnecessary, IMO, so the domestic first recliners will be perfectly adequate for that flight.

The EZE-MIA is too "short" for me to get a full night sleep.
And I dislike MIA airport, everything about it.

The problem with rear facing seats on some 772 is the shaking issue (not that they face backwards). Some of the seats don't have that issue, check the corresponding thread.
roberto99 and thunderlounge like this.
Old Jul 27, 2018, 9:31 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
I’ve flown EZE-JFK-SFO or vv several times, but IMO the issue today is which 772 you might get, a Motion over the ocean Zodiac, or the Rockwell Collins (nee B/E Aerospace) Super Diamond? Or at least you are able to select a non-motion Zode (specific threads on each).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.