EZE to Bay Area - Where to Connect?

Old Jul 27, 18, 10:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: IHG Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, Oneworld Sapphire
EZE to Bay Area - Where to Connect?

I am planning on traveling back from Buenos Airies to SFO / SJC in a couple of weeks.

I am looking for Business / First and have been looking at flight connections to the Bay Area, i see that the options with American are to connect at either DFW, JFK or MIA.

Which flight from EZE offers the best configuration / product in Business or First Class?

My preference is to have the shortest possible layover and that is looking at around 4 hours at a minimum.

Any tips and advice will be greatly appreciated.
Old Jul 27, 18, 10:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by navatwal View Post
I am planning on traveling back from Buenos Airies to SFO / SJC in a couple of weeks.

I am looking for Business / First and have been looking at flight connections to the Bay Area, i see that the options with American are to connect at either DFW, JFK or MIA.

Which flight from EZE offers the best configuration / product in Business or First Class?

My preference is to have the shortest possible layover and that is looking at around 4 hours at a minimum.

Any tips and advice will be greatly appreciated.
JFK (to SFO) is the only comfortable ride the entire way. MIA puts you in a miserable F seat MIA/SFO for 6 hours. DFW, same seat, not as long. If you sleep on planes, the JFK flight gives you time for a decent snooze. JFK connections can be less hectic than the others, too.
embarcadero1 likes this.
Old Jul 27, 18, 10:43 am

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador | Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K View Post
JFK (to SFO) is the only comfortable ride the entire way. MIA puts you in a miserable F seat MIA/SFO for 6 hours. DFW, same seat, not as long. If you sleep on planes, the JFK flight gives you time for a decent snooze. JFK connections can be less hectic than the others, too.
there is a 763 between SFO and MIA and a 788 between SFO and DFW now. So not as bad.

The lounge situation in DFW is a mess though.
Old Jul 27, 18, 10:55 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
If you want true F on the EZE-USA portion you’ll have to take the route to MIA. It is the only route that uses the 77W from EZE.

Personally is probably choose this route for J too. I like the 77W J seat more than the 772. You can also get a lie flat seat on the 767 from MIA to SFO so you should be good there. Also in MIA you’ll have access to the Flagship Lounge (one can also be found in JFK but not DFW yet).
Antarius likes this.
Old Jul 27, 18, 11:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by Antarius View Post
there is a 763 between SFO and MIA and a 788 between SFO and DFW now. So not as bad.

The lounge situation in DFW is a mess though.
Didn't see those come into the schedule.
Old Jul 27, 18, 11:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: IHG Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, Oneworld Sapphire
How is the plane / seat config to DFW from EZE?
Old Jul 27, 18, 11:56 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Yup, and both flights IIRC are timed quite well for connections to/from SA--the MIA flight for sure, and most likely the DFW one as well.

How is the plane / seat config to DFW from EZE?
Last I checked, a 772 with 37 J seats, which gives you a 28/34 chance of getting all-forward-facing B/E Super Diamond seats and a 6/34 chance of getting the Zodiac suites which alternate between forward- and rear-facing. General consensus here is that the former is superior.
Old Jul 27, 18, 11:58 am

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Hows the plane / seat config to DFW from EZE?
Both EZE-JFK and EZE-DFW are operated by 772's, which will be fully lie-flat seats in an all aisle access, 1-2-1 config.

Have you confirmed that the domestic connecting flight from DFW/MIA/JFK-SFO is also in business class?

All else being equal I would take the DFW connection. Longest overnight flight followed by shortest domestic connection is always a winner in my book.
navatwal and Gerbs like this.
Old Jul 27, 18, 12:00 pm

Me neither until I was trying to Book SFO-GIG/GRU. Welcome addition to the schedule
Old Jul 27, 18, 12:13 pm
Original Poster

I have done LAX to LHR on the AA Forward Facing Only Seats in J few months ago and they were decent.

I would prefer not to travel on the cabin with rear facing seats if possible.

My preference is DFW as it is the closest to my final destination and gets me to SJC which is closer to home Need to check the flight config and seats on this route before booking.

I tried flagship First from SFO to JFK a few months ago and it was very comfortable and I was greatly impressed.

Last edited by navatwal; Jul 27, 18 at 2:53 pm
Old Jul 27, 18, 12:24 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
I have done LAX to LHR on the AA Forward Facing Only Seats in J few months ago and they were decent.

I would prefer not to travel on the cabin with rear facing seats if psosible.

My preference is DFW as it is the closest to my final destination and gets me to SJC which is closer to home Need to check the flight config and seats on this route before booking.

I tried flagship First from SFO to JFK a few months ago and it was very comfortable and I was greatly impressed.
It will be impossible to know whether you will have an all-foward facing 772 or a rear-forward 772 until around 24 hours before departure. Looking in advance the seatmaps will be exactly the same. So if guaranteeing an all forward facing setup is a priority, you need to pick the MIA connection for the 77W.

I would not completely write-off the forward/rear config if you've never tried it. I (and many others on here) actually prefer the rear facing seats if I'm on one of these birds.
Old Jul 27, 18, 12:49 pm

Originally Posted by JJeffrey View Post
I would not completely write-off the forward/rear config if you've never tried it. I (and many others on here) actually prefer the rear facing seats if I'm on one of these birds.
The view is pretty cool too

Old Jul 27, 18, 12:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus
But is it worth the extra time? Via JFK is 1118 miles more than via MIA (source: gcmap.com)

Distances
EZE-JFK-SFO 7868
EZE-DFW-SFO 6991
EZE-MIA-SFO 6750
Old Jul 27, 18, 1:13 pm

Originally Posted by mvoight View Post
But is it worth the extra time? Via JFK is 1118 miles more than via MIA (source: gcmap.com)

Distances
EZE-JFK-SFO 7868
EZE-DFW-SFO 6991
EZE-MIA-SFO 6750
Depends. If youre on FT, probably not an issue

This is coming from a guy who went DEN-LAX-HKG-DFW to get from Denver to Dallas.
Old Jul 27, 18, 2:55 pm
Original Poster

I guess Miami will be my first choice, followed by DFW as its the shortest amount of actual flying time.

Need ot make sure I get a flight from MIA to SFO with lie-flats, is the 767 my best bet?

Originally Posted by mvoight View Post

Distances
EZE-JFK-SFO 7868
EZE-DFW-SFO 6991
EZE-MIA-SFO 6750

Search this Thread
Search Engine: