Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Buying 500 mile upgrades on aa.com not easily found

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2018, 10:13 am
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA

Recently aa.com changed the layout/design of the account info page where we now can see at the top summary how many 500 mile upgrades we have left, but despite navigating all over the site I cannot find the option to buy them if I'm low and wish to top off my balance.

I did end up find them using the search box and a few links came up that worked, but unless I'm blind or overlooked something too obvious - can anyone figure out how to actually navigate to the option of purchasing 500 mile upgrade certs?
Old Jul 20, 2018, 10:23 am

Programs: AA EXP, AA Million Miles, Hilton Diamond
AA.com homepage --> "AAdvantage" drop down menu at the top of the page ---> click on "buy upgrades"

Pretty straightforward.
Antarius and adunker like this.
Old Jul 20, 2018, 10:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by PHL
Recently aa.com changed the layout/design of the account info page where we now can see at the top summary how many 500 mile upgrades we have left, but despite navigating all over the site I cannot find the option to buy them if I'm low and wish to top off my balance.

I did end up find them using the search box and a few links came up that worked, but unless I'm blind or overlooked something too obvious - can anyone figure out how to actually navigate to the option of purchasing 500 mile upgrade certs?
Here:

Also whoops - looks like bse beat me to it.

Last edited by Antarius; Jul 20, 2018 at 10:30 am Reason: Redcated personal info
Old Jul 20, 2018, 10:30 am
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA
whoops! i was looking all over my account page where it used to be. Maybe it's also always been where you point out, but i never used that route. Thanks!
bse118 likes this.
Old Jul 20, 2018, 10:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by PHL
whoops! i was looking all over my account page where it used to be. Maybe it's also always been where you point out, but i never used that route. Thanks!
No problem. It is also on the account page, albeit buried in a tab vs previous.

Old Jul 21, 2018, 6:54 am

Where can I see my progress towards upgrades?

After the update you only see how many you have, but not how many miles towards your next reward. Where do you see that now?
Old Jul 21, 2018, 12:30 pm

Programs: AA-PLT, HH-GLD, PP
Originally Posted by RyanBingham22
After the update you only see how many you have, but not how many miles towards your next reward. Where do you see that now?
View details in the wallet section, right above where you click to buy upgrades.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.