Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How To Determine Ticket Type

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16, 2018, 7:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Exp, but not sure for how long. Enterprise Platinum woo-hoo!
How To Determine Ticket Type

I booked an AA flight on Amex travel. The fare on AA.com for the outbound was $205 in basic economy and $232 in main cabin, and the return was $231 in main cabin (BE not available). The fare I paid was $437. Allowing for rounding, that's $205+231. However, I was able to select seats on the outbound, which you can't usually do with PE.

Still I'm concerned, because I definitely need the 100% EQM's for the outbound.

How can I tell from my data on AA.com whether it's a BE ticket or not?
Old Jul 16, 2018, 7:54 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT - 2.9MM, Lifetime AC, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Hertz Precs Crcl
Originally Posted by redtop43
I booked an AA flight on Amex travel. The fare on AA.com for the outbound was $205 in basic economy and $232 in main cabin, and the return was $231 in main cabin (BE not available). The fare I paid was $437. Allowing for rounding, that's $205+231. However, I was able to select seats on the outbound, which you can't usually do with PE.

Still I'm concerned, because I definitely need the 100% EQM's for the outbound.

How can I tell from my data on AA.com whether it's a BE ticket or not?
Look at the booking code. While not readily available on the website anymore (although you can still input the URL if you have it) you can email trip details to yourself and that should show it. If class is "B" - Beware....
Old Jul 16, 2018, 8:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Exp, but not sure for how long. Enterprise Platinum woo-hoo!
Originally Posted by Madison Guy
Look at the booking code. While not readily available on the website anymore (although you can still input the URL if you have it) you can email trip details to yourself and that should show it. If class is "B" - Beware....
It shows as "O". I always thought O was an award booking code.

I wonder if this could be some rare case where you actually get a better fare through Amex than on the AA site.

I will have another issue on this trip, which is the close connection time and the fact that the A330 (last time I took it) parked some distance from the terminal and you had to be bused to the main buildings. However I'm in row 6 which means I should be able to get off fairly quickly. I think they deplane F first, but I'll be right behind that, and if I tell the FA I have a tight connection they'll probably let me scoot out.
Your Itinerary

Carrier
Flight
Number

Departing
Arriving
Booking
Code

Meals
City
Date & Time
City
Time

AMERICAN AIRLINES
PHL Philadelphia
Oct 02, 2018
03:35 PM
LAX Los Angeles
Oct 02, 2018
06:24 PM
O
Food and Beverage for Purchase

AMERICAN AIRLINES
LAX Los Angeles
Oct 02, 2018
07:10 PM
LAS Las Vegas
Oct 02, 2018
08:22 PM
O
N/A

AMERICAN AIRLINES
LAS Las Vegas
Oct 05, 2018
11:06 PM
PHL Philadelphia
Oct 06, 2018
06:44 AM
Q
Food for purchase
Old Jul 16, 2018, 8:29 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT - 2.9MM, Lifetime AC, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Hertz Precs Crcl
Originally Posted by redtop43
It shows as "O". I always thought O was an award booking code.

I wonder if this could be some rare case where you actually get a better fare through Amex than on the AA site.

I will have another issue on this trip, which is the close connection time and the fact that the A330 (last time I took it) parked some distance from the terminal and you had to be bused to the main buildings. However I'm in row 6 which means I should be able to get off fairly quickly. I think they deplane F first, but I'll be right behind that, and if I tell the FA I have a tight connection they'll probably let me scoot out.
O, is, and always has been (AKAIK) a deep discount economy class. NOT Basic. "T" is economy Saaver and "Y" is econ Anytime.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.