Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Promo: 5K Bonus Miles for 5 Activities Challenge (end 30 Sep 2018)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Promo: 5K Bonus Miles for 5 Activities Challenge (end 30 Sep 2018)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2018, 3:39 pm

Originally Posted by mcrw00
Ditto. By the way if someone is looking for a cheap shopping option with good ROI (assuming you don't actually have to buy anything through the portal), trial subscriptions to The Economist are now being offered for 12 bucks at a 1200 miles flat earning rate. Pretty good deal if also done as part of the 5K challenge...just remember to cancel your subscription before 12 weeks if you don't actually want the magazine!
Newbie question related to this: I'm also seeing Staples Copy and Print in the portal -- does that mean I can upload a document to copy for a dime and it will count as my shopping item?...nothing against The Economist but it would be great to do this cheaply and easily...
Old Jun 29, 2018, 10:11 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriot Gold
Originally Posted by hbouta
Newbie question related to this: I'm also seeing Staples Copy and Print in the portal -- does that mean I can upload a document to copy for a dime and it will count as my shopping item?...nothing against The Economist but it would be great to do this cheaply and easily...
I can't speak to this promo but I printed a photo at cvs uploaded after clicking thru the portal and i got my mile LOL
Old Jun 30, 2018, 8:03 am

Originally Posted by miadukes
I can't speak to this promo but I printed a photo at cvs uploaded after clicking thru the portal and i got my mile LOL
Thanks -- guess since I have till September 30 it can't hurt to try this! adunker and others who've posted screenshots of promo progress, where are you seeing those? Just want to be clear on what I'm getting or not...
Old Jun 30, 2018, 8:12 am

Thanks -- guess since I have till September 30 it can't hurt to try this! adunker and others who've posted screenshots of promo progress, where are you seeing those? Just want to be clear on what I'm getting or not...
Never mind -- found it under promotions in my account
Old Jul 6, 2018, 1:30 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
As a heads up for anyone who has never used aa.com/cars (I hadn't until just now), it lets you enter your normal AWD & Wizard numbers for an Avis booking. So there doesn't seem to be any downside to it (not that there is any reason apart from this promo to use it). Nothing in AA's promo terms appears to restrict use of AWD codes, etc.
adunker likes this.
Old Jul 6, 2018, 2:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by mcrw00
Ditto. By the way if someone is looking for a cheap shopping option with good ROI (assuming you don't actually have to buy anything through the portal), trial subscriptions to The Economist are now being offered for 12 bucks at a 1200 miles flat earning rate. Pretty good deal if also done as part of the 5K challenge...just remember to cancel your subscription before 12 weeks if you don't actually want the magazine!
The T&Cs also say you need to stay for 60 days before getting the bonus, so does that mean you can stop after $9 worth?
Old Jul 21, 2018, 3:36 pm

Programs: AA, WN, UA, Bonvoy, Hertz
Originally Posted by platbrownguy
As a heads up for anyone who has never used aa.com/cars (I hadn't until just now), it lets you enter your normal AWD & Wizard numbers for an Avis booking. So there doesn't seem to be any downside to it (not that there is any reason apart from this promo to use it). Nothing in AA's promo terms appears to restrict use of AWD codes, etc.
I can confirm you don't even need to use aa.com/cars, just do an Avis or Budget rental within the date guidelines and ensure you have your AA number attached to earn miles automatically before closing the rental. AWD/BCD doesn't matter. I made this comment also on the Avis forum side as I was pretty sure AA couldn't distinguish which website was used to make the rental when miles (and now this bonus) posted.
Old Aug 10, 2018, 9:08 am

Programs: AA UA Delta. HH Diamond, PC Platinum, Club Carlson Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Just rented a car from AVIS last week and the miles has not posted yet. Do you know how long it will take? Thank you!
Old Aug 10, 2018, 1:33 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Owner of 2,000 TWA shares
Originally Posted by milemission
Just rented a car from AVIS last week and the miles has not posted yet. Do you know how long it will take? Thank you!

It took me about 10 days to receive my rental credit. The only obvious one to post in a timely manner was the AA flight. Everything else has taken over a week each.
Old Aug 10, 2018, 5:06 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Has anyone else had a bookaahotels.com stay yet? I stayed on July 24 and haven't seen the miles yet; everything else has posted.
Old Aug 10, 2018, 5:55 pm

Location: SoCal; DO-RAGS: Old Gold tagged, PIP, LatPass 1/2, AA 4MM, HH LT Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, Omni
Originally Posted by platbrownguy
Has anyone else had a bookaahotels.com stay yet? I stayed on July 24 and haven't seen the miles yet; everything else has posted.
Yep, posted without a problem, although I recall on stay, not reservation. Only the shopping portal to go for me, where i have historically had posting problems.
Old Aug 10, 2018, 9:56 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Never mind -- found it under promotions in my account
I'm still trying to find this. I assume "portal" means log into aa.com?
Old Aug 11, 2018, 10:38 am

Programs: United 1k, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat
Yes, click the "Your Account" link and then you'll find it under the new Promotions button
Old Aug 12, 2018, 3:36 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by Lavezzi
Yes, click the "Your Account" link and then you'll find it under the new Promotions button
Ohhh! -- *that* "Promotions" button :

Thanks. I was looking all over for a plain text link.
Old Aug 12, 2018, 9:36 am

Programs: AA EXP 3.8MM AC; UA Silver; Hyatt Globalist; Honors Diamond; Bonvoy LT TTM
Would this "Fly more, get upgrades or bonus miles" promotion show up under the promotions button in my account if I'm eligible, is there a link, or does it come from a targeted email? I looked in my promotions and my partner's, and neither of us have it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.