Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Promo: 5K Bonus Miles for 5 Activities Challenge (end 30 Sep 2018)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2018, 9:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA ExPlat, Marriott Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC

Got the email today:

We want you to discover all the ways you can earn American Airlines AAdvantageŽ miles — even when you’re not flying.

For a limited time, register and earn bonus miles for each of these 5 activities you complete (in any order) through September 30:Here’s how you’ll earn toward a total of 5,000 AAdvantageŽ miles:
# of activities completed Total # of miles
1 50
2 250
3 1,000
4 2,500
5 5,000
Seems like a pretty easy one to complete. Screencap of email: https://i.imgur.com/YBo0MC3.png
Old Jun 28, 2018, 9:29 am

Programs: AA Plat, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriot Gold
I actually did not get the email but I saw a post on one of the blogs talking about the new change to the interface so I logged in and saw all the promotions. Signed up for both our accounts and already went thru and did the eshopping portal. Dining will be hard becuase none of our dines have EVER posted and i even submitted a ticket and never heard back so I may just forego that one and stay at 4.
Old Jun 28, 2018, 9:32 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by miadukes
I actually did not get the email but I saw a post on one of the blogs talking about the new change to the interface so I logged in and saw all the promotions. Signed up for both our accounts and already went thru and did the eshopping portal. Dining will be hard becuase none of our dines have EVER posted and i even submitted a ticket and never heard back so I may just forego that one and stay at 4.
Strange AA Dining has always worked smooth for me. They offer it at a restaurant I frequent and they always post, wonder if it's a per restaurant thing. This will be actually my first time using the shopping portal, but I need some toner for my printer and the site they had offered had a solid promo and a good price on it, so I'm happy enough.
JDiver likes this.
Old Jun 28, 2018, 9:41 am

Originally Posted by adunker
Strange AA Dining has always worked smooth for me. They offer it at a restaurant I frequent and they always post, wonder if it's a per restaurant thing. This will be actually my first time using the shopping portal, but I need some toner for my printer and the site they had offered had a solid promo and a good price on it, so I'm happy enough.
I've been using the shopping portal since late last year, between me and b/f we have received about 23k points from it, so not bad. last year he had to buy a laptop and with the bonus miles and some promo they had netted him 14k, enough for a one way, so I have been trying to use it ALL THE TIME now LOL
Old Jun 28, 2018, 10:03 am

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
I went into the portal and got this offer:
Earn $2,450 EQDs, choose your reward

Fly more, get upgrades or bonus miles

Your activity dates: Your activity dates:Jun 28, 2018 - Sep 28, 2018
Jun 28, 2018 - Sep 28, 2018

How to qualify:

• Earn $2,450 Elite Qualifying Dollars (EQDs)

Rules:

For this promotion, EQDs are earned on eligible tickets marketed and operated by American Airlines, between the date you register and September 28, 2018.

Qualify and choose 1:

• 500-mile upgrades (10)
  • 15,000 bonus miles
Old Jun 28, 2018, 1:01 pm

Originally Posted by donotblink
I went into the portal and got this offer:
Earn $2,450 EQDs, choose your reward

Fly more, get upgrades or bonus miles

Your activity dates: Your activity dates:Jun 28, 2018 - Sep 28, 2018
Jun 28, 2018 - Sep 28, 2018

How to qualify:

• Earn $2,450 Elite Qualifying Dollars (EQDs)

Rules:

For this promotion, EQDs are earned on eligible tickets marketed and operated by American Airlines, between the date you register and September 28, 2018.

Qualify and choose 1:

• 500-mile upgrades (10)
  • 15,000 bonus miles
Nice!
Old Jun 28, 2018, 1:17 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT 3MM, Hilton/Marriott/SPG/Club Carlson GLD, IHG PLT
The UA promo seems to be better, fly one trip, get 3300 miles, eat with mileage plus dining get 300 miles, complete both promos and get an extra 8200 miles.
Old Jun 29, 2018, 7:18 am
Original Poster

Tracking seems to be working as well.
JDiver likes this.
Old Jun 29, 2018, 8:11 am

Originally Posted by adunker

Tracking seems to be working as well.
Which one did you complete?
I had my miles tracked today thru the shopping portal but it hasn't shown up yet as completed activity on AA.com.
Old Jun 29, 2018, 8:36 am

Programs: United Premier Platinum
I had my miles tracked today thru the shopping portal but it hasn't shown up yet as completed activity on AA.com.
Ditto. By the way if someone is looking for a cheap shopping option with good ROI (assuming you don't actually have to buy anything through the portal), trial subscriptions to The Economist are now being offered for 12 bucks at a 1200 miles flat earning rate. Pretty good deal if also done as part of the 5K challenge...just remember to cancel your subscription before 12 weeks if you don't actually want the magazine!
Old Jun 29, 2018, 10:35 am

Programs: UA Gold, BONVOY TIT
I got the promo listed above as well as:

How to qualify:

• Earn $950 Elite Qualifying Dollars (EQDs)

Rules:

Qualify and choose 1:

• 500-mile upgrades (5)
  • 7,500 bonus miles

It looks like it probably varies between accounts.I'm pretty sure I have $950 of EQD booked in that date range already anyway so this is just free miles/upgrades.
Old Jun 29, 2018, 10:58 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by rdurlabhji
It looks like it probably varies between accounts.I'm pretty sure I have $950 of EQD booked in that date range already anyway so this is just free miles/upgrades.
Damn I would've much preferred that one. I'm at 11.5K EQD right now and just got the 5K one. Need to get my EQM up.
Old Jun 29, 2018, 11:00 am
Original Poster

I had a flight yesterday. The 50-mile bonus showed up on the flight bonus as well.

Old Jun 29, 2018, 11:47 am

Location: SoCal; DO-RAGS: Old Gold tagged, PIP, LatPass 1/2, AA 4MM, HH LT Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, Omni
Since the difference between getting #4 and #5 is 2,500 miles you might try re-enrolling a new CC. Although there was a problem about a year ago, I've had dozens of Idines seamlessly post without a problem. Good luck.
JDiver likes this.
Old Jun 29, 2018, 2:07 pm

Originally Posted by Jailer
Since the difference between getting #4 and #5 is 2,500 miles you might try re-enrolling a new CC. Although there was a problem about a year ago, I've had dozens of Idines seamlessly post without a problem. Good luck.
I will definitely try and so will b/f but it will be the last thing I do I think. Our issue is not even 2 months ago, and it was 3 times at same place so maybe it is just that one place I even submitted details from receipt but never heard back. But yeah I saw that and will see if I can grab even a soda at whatever place just to get the extra 2.5k points. It's just such a hassle it seems on our end.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.