Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Follow-Up/Escalation for Missing Partner Mileage

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17, 2018, 1:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP

I flew GRU-DOH-BCN in April on QR on a DONE4 round the world ticket and submitted a missing mileage request in May because it hadn’t credited to my account. I got an email from AAdvantage asking for additional documentation, which I provided promptly.

A couple of weeks ago I called the Platinum Pro desk to follow up, and the rep told me that they’re still working on it and then asked me to send in my boarding pass and e-ticket receipt again, before they take it up with QR.

Is there anything I can do to speed this up, or to get an update on what’s going on? I read somewhere that emailing AAdvantage management can help, is that information available somewhere?

The miles from these two flights would qualify me for ExPlat and I have a bunch of flights coming up in late June and July that I’d love to be able to use those benefits for.

Thanks in advance, if there’s a thread on this already, my apologies — the search function isn’t working correctly for me.
Old Jun 17, 2018, 6:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by Boston Jumbo
I flew GRU-DOH-BCN in April on QR on a DONE4 round the world ticket and submitted a missing mileage request in May because it hadn’t credited to my account. I got an email from AAdvantage asking for additional documentation, which I provided promptly.

A couple of weeks ago I called the Platinum Pro desk to follow up, and the rep told me that they’re still working on it and then asked me to send in my boarding pass and e-ticket receipt again, before they take it up with QR.

Is there anything I can do to speed this up, or to get an update on what’s going on? I read somewhere that emailing AAdvantage management can help, is that information available somewhere?

The miles from these two flights would qualify me for ExPlat and I have a bunch of flights coming up in late June and July that I’d love to be able to use those benefits for.

Thanks in advance, if there’s a thread on this already, my apologies — the search function isn’t working correctly for me.
Yes, you need to call AAdvantage Customer Service and file a claim, not the normal PLT Pro reservations number. 1-800-882-8880.
Old Jun 17, 2018, 7:03 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
The reservations number is simply taking information and sending it to AAdvantage. Better to call directly and deal with it if it can be dealt with.
Old Jun 17, 2018, 9:41 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis

Qatar flights usually post reasonably quickly, but when they don’t it can require significant time and effort, in my experience. You can’t really escalate to “a higher authority” and expect much. Just call as JJeffrey suggested to assure the request is still in process, though if they need to verify with QR the process relies on Qatar Airways, which has a nice product in the air but not so good on the ground.

BTW, there is no such thing as a (Gold, Platinum or) Platinum Pro Desk, much less with better trained and more knowledgeable agents, except as AA PR. It’s a prioritized line to the general call center agents. I say this so you understand some agents can be great, others considerably less so.

(Lest you get your hopes up, the EP Desk, a real thing, has deteriorated considerably over the past few years as LAX, TUS and BDL were closed and they added peeps at DFW - IMO using seniority, not ability, as the selection criterion.)
Boston Jumbo likes this.
Old Jun 17, 2018, 11:33 am

I don’t know how you initially made the request for the missing qr flight. Did u use the new automated system that pulls the ticket number and matches it with your aadv account to pinpoint which flight(s) were missing?

My experience has been after 3 days — when QR comes back and says “credited to another program” (which they seem to do) the agents are able to manually add it when. They see that it is one segment missing. YMMV.
JDiver likes this.

Last edited by JDiver; Jun 17, 2018 at 12:07 pm Reason: Highlighted important information for emphasis
Old Jun 17, 2018, 12:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
QR really is hit or miss. It either posts immediately or it is a multi month ordeal (QR seems to like to deny mileage crediting for whatever reason) that requires copies of boarding passes, tickets etc.

I did IAH-DOH 6 times last year (and back). Out of the 20 total segments, 12 posted immediately, 4 took a while and I had to fight for 4 more.
plon likes this.
Old Jun 17, 2018, 1:07 pm

I had a sort of similar situation last year Sept with a missing business class RJ flight that would have made me EXP. With RJ, the request for missing miles had to be sent manually via fax which I did at the 14 day mark. I received an email response that it could take another 30 for credit to be made. A few days later another email requesting copies of boarding passess and ticket (the same docs I had faxed earlier) and so I sent again by both email and fax. After about day 25 without any movement on my account, I got impatient as like you, I wanted the benefit of OWE for an upcoming trip.

So I called thru and asked for Advantage Customer Service.....explained the situation including the concerns around EXP status. The agent was quite understanding and responsive, verified they had received the documents, the date the fax was received and reviewed the action that was taken on their part. He confirmed that RJ had not responded yet but since it was the second of a two segment itinerary that had somehow not posted, he got approval from higher up to post the necessary credit and abracadabra - I was EXP within 5 mins.

Definitely give Aadvantage Customer service a try and maybe even HUACA if necessary.
JDiver and Boston Jumbo like this.
Old Jun 17, 2018, 2:39 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 777lover
Did u use the new automated system that pulls the ticket number and matches it with your aadv account to pinpoint which flight(s) were missing?
I ran into an issue with that system where half the time it sends me to a second form to fill out more info and half the time it says it can’t find my ticket. I think it’s because I was on a 16-segment DONE4 ticket and the system (either QR or AA or... I don’t know) only allows 4 coupons per ticket number?

Basically, the ticket numbers on my two boarding passe end in 415-4 for GRU-DOH and then 416-1. My e-ticket receipt issued by CX ends in 414-17. Could this be causing the long delay?

Regardless, I’ll call AAdvantage CS tomorrow as y’all have suggested.
Old Jun 17, 2018, 2:41 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JDiver
BTW, there is no such thing as a (Gold, Platinum or) Platinum Pro Desk, much less with better trained and more knowledgeable agents, except as AA PR.
I had no idea! Good to know, I’ll adjust my expectations accordingly, haha.
Old Jun 17, 2018, 5:27 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold

I had no idea! Good to know, I’ll adjust my expectations accordingly, haha.
If you've never called 800-882-8880 before, make sure to wait out the automated menu -- the option you want ("Speak to an AAdvantage Customer Service Representative") takes a while to get to. (I think the first list of options has several things, none of which is what you want; then you can say something else, so say something like "Customer Service" but no matter what you say you'll still get a second list of options followed by "You can also say Speak to an AAdvantage Customer Service Representative"--that time, when you say those words, it will work.)
Old Jun 21, 2018, 2:47 am
Original Poster

Thanks again for all the advice, everyone. I called AAdvantage customer service a few days ago and the agent told me she would send my information along to a "special team" that deals with partner mileage requests.

After a few days of silence, I called back again last night and spoke to an agent who manually credited my account for me after very carefully reviewing the e-ticket receipt and boarding passes I sent in. Kudos to the agent for getting this taken care of, although I didn't catch her name -- is there a way I can find out and get in touch with AAdvantage to commend her for taking initiative?

Can't wait to try out The Pier, First Class in HKG next week with my newfound EXP status!
Old Jun 21, 2018, 6:43 am

Programs: AA, CX, Hyatt, Marriott
Thanks again for all the advice, everyone. I called AAdvantage customer service a few days ago and the agent told me she would send my information along to a "special team" that deals with partner mileage requests.

After a few days of silence, I called back again last night and spoke to an agent who manually credited my account for me after very carefully reviewing the e-ticket receipt and boarding passes I sent in. Kudos to the agent for getting this taken care of, although I didn't catch her name -- is there a way I can find out and get in touch with AAdvantage to commend her for taking initiative?

Can't wait to try out The Pier, First Class in HKG next week with my newfound EXP status!
Off topic, Pier F recently switched lounge operator, so just like lowering your expectation on AA call lines, lower that as well...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.