Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Strand 17 people to save 2 min?

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2018, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
My guess is some of the seats were already taken by other passengers.
In any case, 10 minutes is the stated time.
Old May 24, 2018, 3:00 pm

Originally Posted by mvoight
In any case, 10 minutes is the stated time.
Just because a time is stated doesn't mean it always makes sense to strictly adhere to that timeline. No one disagrees that AA was allowed to close the door when they did; the question is whether they got the balance right in terms of risk and human misery.
Old May 24, 2018, 4:01 pm

I once got to AA partner Alaska Airlines' gate and the door was closed and agent was printing out some kind of report. I pleaded that I had to get to NY via Chicago as it was last flight of night from SMF. Agent said, sorry, too late but then picked up phone, called, then proceeded to open the gate door and let me walk onto the tunnel to the plane. FA was not thrilled as I was looking for place to put my carry-on asking why I am arriving late. It was irrelevant trying to explain to her. Stowed my luggage, took my seat and breathed a sigh of relief..

Now, with 18 people trying to board a flight and put away carry-ons as they look for their seats and disrupt seated passengers, it would have been a substantial delay of several minutes.
Old May 24, 2018, 5:20 pm

Originally Posted by jayer
6. Things were undoubtedly a general mess during the unexpected rain this morning. Was not in the forecast.
So, you checked the aviation weather forecast? This is what they look like:
TAF: KDFW 242056Z 2421/2524 16008KT P6SM SCT050 BKN300
FM250000 15007KT P6SM SCT300
FM251500 19008KT P6SM SCT025 BKN300

Otherwise, this is more nonsensical griping about weather forecasts that has little or no basis in fact.

The aviation weather forecasts are made by different NWS meteorologists than the public forecasts and the content can be different on occasions.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.