Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

increased time for flight mileage to post

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 16, 2018, 7:00 pm
Original Poster

Don't need to drag this out, but some quick knowledgeable reply would help. Of the big 3, DL and AA were usually the best. Both had posting of flights when I woke up the next morning. I must say, I have had DL flights post before I exited the plane. UA, as everyone knows, has been the pits, usually requiring 3+ days. Think Smisek.

But, then, I quit flying UA long ago for many other reasons. What gets me is AA. I have flights not posted for 4 days. Query: Has something changed, or am I an outlier or should I reduce expectations? It seems to me that AA used to be much better.

Any quick reply appreciated. Thanks
Old May 16, 2018, 7:54 pm

Programs: Alaska Gold 75K, AA EXP, United 1K
Originally Posted by FullFare
Don't need to drag this out, but some quick knowledgeable reply would help. Of the big 3, DL and AA were usually the best. Both had posting of flights when I woke up the next morning. I must say, I have had DL flights post before I exited the plane. UA, as everyone knows, has been the pits, usually requiring 3+ days. Think Smisek.

But, then, I quit flying UA long ago for many other reasons. What gets me is AA. I have flights not posted for 4 days. Query: Has something changed, or am I an outlier or should I reduce expectations? It seems to me that AA used to be much better.

i don't usually check so don't have recent data points but I did have an IRROP rebook into full fare Y on a special fare about 5 days ago and I was curious how it would post and 5 days later it hasn't posted yet.
Old May 16, 2018, 8:52 pm
Original Member

Location: The shape-shifting urban sprawl that is El Lay. FT member #71.
Programs: UA Gold & MM; DL & AA credit card dirt status; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Fool's Gold
Originally Posted by lightbulbs

did have an IRROP rebook into full fare Y on a special fare about 5 days ago and I was curious how it would post and 5 days later it hasn't posted yet.
Almost identical situation for me. The "special fare" was something in the "Q" range, but with a corporate discount. My rebook was full Y (thanks to a great ticket agent at an outlying airport manned by Envoy employees).
Old May 16, 2018, 10:38 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by FullFare

My AA miles (on AA metal) have continued to post in 12-24 hours after travel. I've been on 5 flights in the past month, and all posted in less than 36 hours for sure (most at about 24 hours).
Old May 16, 2018, 10:47 pm

Programs: AA - EXP 2MM+, Marriott PLT, UA, National Exec
Originally Posted by MARINFLL
My AA miles (on AA metal) have continued to post in 12-24 hours after travel. I've been on 5 flights in the past month, and all posted in less than 36 hours for sure (most at about 24 hours).
This has also been my experience... generally posts next day after flight.

cheers.
Old May 17, 2018, 8:28 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by MARINFLL
My flights last week all posted in less than 24 hours.
Old May 17, 2018, 8:30 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, HH Diamond, National Executive
Originally Posted by msv777

This has also been my experience... generally posts next day after flight.

cheers.
Same here with the exception of a change of some sort. Sometimes those take a day or two more.
Old May 17, 2018, 8:44 am

Programs: AA EXP Plat, Mariott Gold, Hilton Gold
IIROPS changes can delay posting
Old May 28, 2018, 7:41 am

Programs: AA EXP
Flew SCLDFW overnight. Miles posted before touching down. DFWSCL miles took two days to post.
Old May 28, 2018, 10:39 am

Originally Posted by controller1
My flights last week all posted in less than 24 hours.
Same here. Although I was looking through the app earlier for a check-in amd noticed it says at the bottom, “Transactions may take up to 2 weeks to post.”
Old May 28, 2018, 4:58 pm

Programs: LT Plt, 4mm, *A GLD, burned out medical provider, executing our estate plan
Had a F flight LAX to AUS at 4:55 pm last tuesday. We got in early from HND and got on the earlier flight to AUS, were willing to fly Y but got in F thanks to some very great GAs. Still has not posted now 6 days later. The JL ticketed flights from HND have posted, but the LAX-AUS flight was AA booked and flown. Our recent experience suggests there is a slow down on crediting flights compared to last year.
Old May 28, 2018, 5:39 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Executive Platinum (3 Million Miler), IHG Spire Royal Amdassador
I have noticed that if I fly in the morning or early afternoon, miles post the next morning. If I fly later/evening, miles take a few days to post.
AANYC1981 likes this.
Old May 28, 2018, 5:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by VaBeachGirl
I have noticed that if I fly in the morning or early afternoon, miles post the next morning. If I fly later/evening, miles take a few days to post.
I think it is batch processed. And the batch has a cutoff. So the early flights are picked up by the nightly process and post the next morning. The evening ones end up being processed the next night.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.