Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

FA lied to captain (claims I directed obscene language at him)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FA lied to captain (claims I directed obscene language at him)

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2018, 4:07 pm
Suspended

Programs: Rapid Rewards, AAdvantage, SkyMiles
These FA's are becoming out of control. Unfortunately they can't be fired on the spot either, further making them ballsy and hostile towards someone not bowing down to them. Maybe they forget we live in a time where almost every electronic device has a camera on it.
Old May 13, 2018, 4:07 pm

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
OP: Just curious, when you said that he was rude for the entire flight, what did that entail?
Old May 13, 2018, 4:22 pm

Originally Posted by LondonElite
I'm not doubting your story at all, but if what you say actually played out (just unbelievable), you must have realised that this was escalating quickly. Why pick a fight when none is necessary?
Fights are entertaining, in any case (per @enviroian) did any other passengers hear the FA relay your (fabricated) obscenities to the captain?

If I were a passenger in earshot I'd have loved to say "Captain, what that FA just said is a lie."
Old May 13, 2018, 4:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JonNYC
Time to:
Calm down
Back down
Apologize
Good advise
However unlikely the FA is reading FT.
SK, justforfun, enviroian and 4 others like this.
Old May 13, 2018, 5:50 pm
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Exclamation Moderator warning

Enough is enough! If you have something to contribute to the topic of this thread, please feel free to share your thoughts/opinions/experiences respectfully.

Else, feel free to move along. Two-thirds of this thread has been deleted due to off-topic posts, personal attacks, metadiscussion about this thread & FT, social commentary of millenials/social media era, etc. (you get the picture...)

Further disruptions will be handled per FlyerTalk Rules. /Moderator
JDiver and IAHtraveler like this.
Old May 13, 2018, 6:10 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
When the FA asked (told) OP to step back, that should have been the end of the incident. OP steps back.

If OP believes that the FA was rude, OP should then file a complaint with AA. Telling the FA how to behave, as OP admits he did, escalated the incident and that could have had some real and bad consequences for OP, which luckily it did not.
JonNYC, KBMIFlyer, SJOGuy and 3 others like this.
Old May 13, 2018, 6:35 pm
Suspended

Programs: Rapid Rewards, AAdvantage, SkyMiles
Originally Posted by Often1
When the FA asked (told) OP to step back, that should have been the end of the incident. OP steps back.

If OP believes that the FA was rude, OP should then file a complaint with AA. Telling the FA how to behave, as OP admits he did, escalated the incident and that could have had some real and bad consequences for OP, which luckily it did not.
Why would the FA behave like that to begin with? Most FA's when talking back to just ignore it and move on unless the language is very abusive/threatening. This FA seems to have wanted to get the last word in. Then lies to the pilot. That is not normal behavior and I'm glad AA officials are now aware of this. Speaks volumes as well when another FA defends the passenger, which usually doesn't happen.
Old May 13, 2018, 8:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
You cannot win with AA, waste of time.
Old May 13, 2018, 8:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
My approach in these situations (in fact, in many situations), is not to win the fight; it's to avoid the fight. Your reaction, while understandable, may have escalated the situation unnecessarily. Happy to hear that it worked out in your favor; but given the climate these days, that's hardly something on which one can count when having a disagreement with a flight attendant.
brewdog11 and AANYC1981 like this.
Old May 13, 2018, 9:02 pm

Originally Posted by MichaelKade
sitting in first. Bulkhead aisle and was first to deplane. FA who had been rude all flight rudely again told me to “step back” I told him it wouldn’t hurt to say please and he said he did. I politely but firmly said no you didn’t and after going back and forth asked for his name.
What exactly are you doing to be interacting with the FA so much during a flight that they have the opportunity to be rude to you?
Old May 13, 2018, 9:39 pm

Originally Posted by RogerD408
Passengers need to be wearing body cams for these situations!
De-escalate is the name of the game
not the easiest thing to do in the high stress world of travel through airports.
I wish it came naturally to me but it doesn't. Probably doesn't come naturally to anyone. There is training that police obviously go through that gives them the patience of Job dealing with DYKWIA individuals.
We all ought to go though the kind of training these guys must have gone thru...made them keep cool heads when confronted with insults and attitude of one lady caught on their dash cam in NJ at a traffic stop. By the way when her video was released by the police, she lost her job LOL.
Maybe the FA on this flight could too...IF ONLY you had evidence! Some people are just a piece of work.

How and where the cops I'm talking about on video were trained, I don't know, but, mad respect for them...8 mins of entertainment awaits:
Old May 14, 2018, 12:36 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by LovePrunes
By the way when her video was released by the police, she lost her job LOL....8 mins of entertainment awaits:https://youtu.be/S6vlu1FRaic
Wow. Not very smooth.
Old May 14, 2018, 12:39 am

Programs: LH HON
Originally Posted by Often1

This sort of FA god complex needs to stop.
DenverBrian and AANYC1981 like this.
Old May 14, 2018, 6:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by LovePrunes
. By the way when her video was released by the police, she lost her job
This made my Monday. Thank you.
LovePrunes likes this.
Old May 14, 2018, 8:09 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
The OP requested advice whilst “on the spot”, and the time is long past for that. The thread’s topic has wandered considerably, from direct advice to a video (of a possible demonstration of Verbal Judo or similar training).this thread is past its useful “use by” date and is closed.

Thank you for your participation.

RogerD408 and IAHtraveler like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.