Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Securing Seat on Award Travel on RJ / Royal Jordanian

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2018, 4:42 am
Original Member
Original Poster

Programs: 1k UA, UA MM, AA EXPlat

I just booked business tickets on RJ. I have flown them two other times before using AA awards. However, this time, I am being told I can't reserve a seat. This didn't happen last time--the agent simply needed to call RJ. I had an insistent agent last night saying that there was no way to pre-reserve seats and I would have to do this at time of check-in. Has anyone else had this experience?
Old May 8, 2018, 5:18 am

Programs: UA General Member, AA Gold, SPG (Bonvoy) Gold; IHG Plat. Ambassador
This is wrong. I flew RJ from DOH to AMM last month and had no issues getting a seat assigned prior to check in.
Old May 8, 2018, 7:37 am

Programs: AA EXP, Delta, Amtrak, Hertz PC
If you can't find it on your reservation, call AA and get your Royal Jordanian confirmation number (it will be different than your AA confirmation number).

The go the the rj.com website, you should be able to pull up your reservation and select a seat.
Old Apr 27, 2022, 10:00 pm

Originally Posted by KBMIFlyer
If you can't find it on your reservation, call AA and get your Royal Jordanian confirmation number (it will be different than your AA confirmation number).

The go the the rj.com website, you should be able to pull up your reservation and select a seat.
Resurrecting an old thread. I just booked an AA award on RJ for November. I have the RJ PNR and can pull it up on RJ.com, but I am not seeing an option to select a seat. Anyone know of a workaround? Thanks!
Old Apr 27, 2022, 10:12 pm

Programs: Platinum Pro. .Hilton Honors Gold,
Originally Posted by jpsj
I just booked business tickets on RJ. I have flown them two other times before using AA awards. However, this time, I am being told I can't reserve a seat. This didn't happen last time--the agent simply needed to call RJ. I had an insistent agent last night saying that there was no way to pre-reserve seats and I would have to do this at time of check-in. Has anyone else had this experience?
I booked RJ a month ago and the RJ itinerary letters were embedded in the AA reservation. I went to the RJ website and it was confusing but after a few tries I did get seat assignments and they show up on the AA reservation as well
Old Apr 27, 2022, 10:14 pm

Programs: Platinum Pro. .Hilton Honors Gold,
Originally Posted by onfo
Resurrecting an old thread. I just booked an AA award on RJ for November. I have the RJ PNR and can pull it up on RJ.com, but I am not seeing an option to select a seat. Anyone know of a workaround? Thanks!
Just go to the RJ website it’s confusing but you’ll figure it out.
Old Apr 27, 2022, 10:14 pm

Originally Posted by D3KingAmerican
I booked RJ a month ago and the RJ itinerary letters were embedded in the AA reservation. I went to the RJ website and it was confusing but after a few tries I did get seat assignments and they show up on the AA reservation as well
any details about where/how you selected the seat? I’m not seeing any place to do it when I pull up my pnr. I’ve read a few comments that hint that it may be a timing issue (ie, you can only select a seat X weeks before a flight), but nothing definitive.

EDIT: I went back in and now can readily request a seat. It's quite obvious. Not sure why there wasn't a link last night, but perhaps the ticket was still processing.

Last edited by onfo; Apr 28, 2022 at 12:43 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.