Search

AA Wifi - How Does It Bill on Amex?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2022, 5:54 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AA: CK
AA Wifi - How Does It Bill on Amex?

Finally getting around to organizing my Amex Plat benefits. For airline credit, I chose AA so I could get a $200 credit for wifi, but then I read this in the Amex email:
  • In-flight entertainment fees (excluding wireless internet because it's not charged by the airline)
The email seems old though (it says US Airways LOL.) Does AA wifi charge as being from American Airlines on Amex? I assume a monthly subscription would, since it's multi-provider? I know UA wifi bills as United.

Thanks!
Old Apr 25, 2022, 6:32 pm

Programs: AA PPRO, HH Diamond, National EE
If you pay per flight it does not trigger the credit. If you buy the monthly service it will trigger
Antarius likes this.
Old Apr 25, 2022, 6:37 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by hawkfan7314
If you pay per flight it does not trigger the credit. If you buy the monthly service it will trigger
Figured, thanks! However, now I realize it's free for Airpass, and so I've chosen the wrong airline for Amex...

Edit: Was able to switch back to UA for fees, since I'm never charged anything by American (Airpass + CK.) Sorry for the thread, but maybe it will serve to help others!

Last edited by BlooJoo; Apr 25, 2022 at 6:56 pm
Old Apr 25, 2022, 6:42 pm

Programs: AA Exp, but not sure for how long. Enterprise Platinum woo-hoo!
I bought the monthy and got it reimbursed on my Amex airline credit.
robertablake likes this.
Old Apr 25, 2022, 6:54 pm

Programs: AA PPRO, HH Diamond, National EE
Originally Posted by redtop43
I bought the monthy and got it reimbursed on my Amex airline credit.
Right..... that's what I said.
Antarius and robertablake like this.
Old Apr 27, 2022, 9:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BlooJoo
Edit: Was able to switch back to UA for fees, since I'm never charged anything by American (Airpass + CK.) Sorry for the thread, but maybe it will serve to help others!
Will they let you switch airlines if you haven't used any of the credit yet? Do you need to call in?
Old Apr 27, 2022, 9:30 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by VegasGambler
Will they let you switch airlines if you haven't used any of the credit yet? Do you need to call in?
If you’ve used none, yes. And yes you need to call (or live chat.)
Antarius and VegasGambler like this.
Old Apr 27, 2022, 10:39 pm

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
Right - because it will list as a different vendor. If you buy on board, the vendor is Panasonic or Viasat or Gogo. If you buy the pass (monthly) in advance, the vendor is American Airlines,
Old Apr 27, 2022, 10:44 pm

Programs: AA EXP, exSPG, Marriott TE
Wow. I've literally not used the airline credit for 2 years but I've paid American hundreds in Wifi. Thanks for sharing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.