Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Providing praise when I didn't have my Above & Beyond recognition certificates?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2018, 12:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.

AA mailed me some certificates for the year that I could hand to an employee that I want to recognize for service. I don't carry them but on a recent flight we had an excellent experience with a purser. If I send a general comment through the website, will it carry the same gravitas and/or employee perks as if I used the slip? If not is there a way to mail one in?
Old Apr 25, 2018, 12:04 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Most efficient and effective way is to DM @AmericanAir on Twitter. This will also go to the personnel record. You can use Twitter, or if you’re signed up the AA app to do that. See https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amer...aster-thd.html.

It won’t provide an entry into the quarterly drawings, but it will accomplish registering your kudos. See https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amer...rts-chits.html for more about the AAB chits, how they can be used and their utility to AA employees.
Old Apr 25, 2018, 3:33 pm

Take a picture of your above and beyond. Then just give the employee your certificate number and ff number flt number and they can enter manually. Or next time just get their employee number and mail it to address on cert. Either way will work. REMEMBER ONLY ONE USE PER CERTIFICATE NUMBER
Old Apr 25, 2018, 4:35 pm

I’ve found FAs are also very receptive when you tell them face to face as well.
Old Apr 25, 2018, 6:40 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by DataPlumber
I’ve found FAs are also very receptive when you tell them face to face as well.
IMO, that’s the best. But the tweet gets to them and their personnel record, and the chit / chit number gets them a chance to win some money. (Not as good as the discontinued SOS policy, but better than the original AAB as introduced.)
econometrics likes this.
Old Apr 25, 2018, 11:14 pm

If you send in a compliment via social media, often times the manager of the individual employee uses an internal system to issue them an Above & Beyond electronically which does end up being an entry into the drawing for $$$.
JDiver and controller1 like this.
Old Apr 26, 2018, 7:53 am

Programs: AA EXP, AA 3.5MM, AMEX Platinum
Ask the employee for their Supervisor's email. This has proven effective for me and goes into their personnel file. The A&B recognition certificates are entered into a drawing for the employee. Plus AA limits the number of A&B recognition certificates they will send to you.
Old Apr 26, 2018, 2:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
Thanks everyone for the advice!
Old Apr 26, 2018, 3:27 pm

Programs: AA EXP, LT Gold
+1 to telling them to their face. In a world where we all get to see how nasty and unruly some air travel pax can be, a kind word with a smiling face goes a LONG way. The personal satisfaction may just outweigh the positive contributions to their personnel files! ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.