Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

MIA-ORD pax tasered by police for assaulting a woman, resisting...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2018, 6:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist

... and for being a racist! LOL.

You can't make up this stuff.
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/612029...-woman-racist/
Old Apr 23, 2018, 6:45 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AC E50k, A3*G, UA*S, MR Titanium, HHonors Gold, Carlson Gold, NEXUS
"Go on, taser me!"

Old Apr 23, 2018, 7:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by SFO777
... and for being a racist! LOL.

You can't make up this stuff.
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/612029...-woman-racist/
Oh, the Sun.... the UK equivalent to the National Enquirer
I usually only look at page 3
Old Apr 23, 2018, 7:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by mvoight
Oh, the Sun.... the UK equivalent to the National Enquirer
I usually only look at page 3
Well here's the story from NBC https://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/ai...senger-n868281 only they report it was a Chicago bound flight.
Old Apr 23, 2018, 7:30 am

He deserves the death penalty for that stupid mustache! ☺️
CosmosHuman and windscar like this.
Old Apr 23, 2018, 10:48 am

Programs: AA EXP
I think he just earned himself a lifetime ban on AA (once he gets out of jail).
Old Apr 23, 2018, 11:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by wrp96
Well here's the story from NBC https://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/ai...senger-n868281 only they report it was a Chicago bound flight.
Thanks, I suspect Sun was blocked "Incidental Nudity" Page 3????) McAfee Web Gateways says "Categories: Entertainment, General News, Incidental Nudity"
NBCnews is not blocked here (I am also happy FT doesn't have "incidental nudity"
Old Apr 23, 2018, 11:54 am

Originally Posted by wrp96
The Chicago Tribune has it as flight 2446 MIA-ORD
Old Apr 23, 2018, 2:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by mvoight
I am also happy FT doesn't have "incidental nudity"
That would be if it did!
Old Apr 24, 2018, 4:38 am

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
Is "mis-tasered" a word? If so, then that word makes the headline correct. In the video you can see that the taser missed the target, at point-blank range. Wires are trailing and the two darts are dangling free. The cop continues to repeatedly use the taser in "drive stun" mode, which goes against the guidelines of most police departments. Reason: in full taser mode, the device can cause a suspect to stop resisting arrest, thus reducing struggle and injury for everyone. But in drive stun mode, all it does it cause pain and piss people off. It's exactly equivalent to three huge thugs holding you down while one of them continually zaps you with a cattle prod.

Anyway, go ahead and view the lurid video, but NOT as a means to mock a fellow human being and NOT for the purpose of observing effective law enforcement. Instead, view it as an instructional video with a perfect example of how NOT to use a taser. Never at any point was the suspect "tasered". They fired a taser AT him, but did NOT taser him.

Mental note: wear a flannel shirt if you're ever in a position where you think a bunch of thugs might gang up on your and repeatedly poke you with a cattle prod.
Old Apr 24, 2018, 7:50 am

Programs: AA EXP, LT Gold
I was pretty surprised by the seemingly careless use of the taser in this incident. I get that it was a crazy situation, but at one point it seems like the cop almost inadvertently tased one of the pax seated in the crammed rows where they were trying to operate.

Also looked like they slammed him into a row, and a teenage kid was sitting right there.

Crazy.
Old Apr 24, 2018, 7:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CloudCoder
Is "mis-tasered" a word? If so, then that word makes the headline correct. In the video you can see that the taser missed the target, at point-blank range. Wires are trailing and the two darts are dangling free. The cop continues to repeatedly use the taser in "drive stun" mode, which goes against the guidelines of most police departments. Reason: in full taser mode, the device can cause a suspect to stop resisting arrest, thus reducing struggle and injury for everyone. But in drive stun mode, all it does it cause pain and piss people off. It's exactly equivalent to three huge thugs holding you down while one of them continually zaps you with a cattle prod.

Anyway, go ahead and view the lurid video, but NOT as a means to mock a fellow human being and NOT for the purpose of observing effective law enforcement. Instead, view it as an instructional video with a perfect example of how NOT to use a taser. Never at any point was the suspect "tasered". They fired a taser AT him, but did NOT taser him.

Mental note: wear a flannel shirt if you're ever in a position where you think a bunch of thugs might gang up on your and repeatedly poke you with a cattle prod.
Here's an idea. When the police come to remove you from the plane because you are accused of a crime, flannel shirt or not, just get up and go with them.
wrp96, windscar and robertablake like this.
Old Apr 24, 2018, 8:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Borat??
econometrics likes this.
Old Apr 30, 2023, 10:35 pm

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
Miami Police use a Taser to get Passenger off Aircraft

I guess this is just another day in Miami at this point, but the insane stuff that happens there never ceases to amaze me:

https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZTRwrKpA5/

Last edited by donotblink; Apr 30, 2023 at 10:48 pm Reason: Working on embedding video
Old Apr 30, 2023, 11:06 pm

Programs: American Airlines (Executive Platinum), Hyatt (Globalist), Hilton (Diamond), IHG (Diamond)
Five years old.

https://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/ai...senger-n868281
kmersh and gmt4 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.