Wiki Posts
Search

AA miles through Chase travel

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2018, 9:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA
AA miles through Chase travel

I booked some AA international flights through Chase travel portal in the hope that I will earn the miles according to the special fare. But in the fare rules, I couldn't find any mention of wholesales or public or published. When I log into my AA account with the booking code, it shows the exact dollar amount I paid at Chase (even though I used only 1 chase point for payment, and the rest was paid by credit card, the total, including the one point or 1 cent, shows in the receipt under aa.com) Does it mean that I will earn miles according to multiplier (5-11times of dollar amount)?
Old Apr 7, 2018, 10:00 am

chase ultimate rewards booking domestic F on AA
Old Apr 7, 2018, 10:00 am

Programs: AA-EP, A3*G, UA*S
Originally Posted by sony2012
it shows the exact dollar amount I paid at Chase (even though I used only 1 chase point for payment, and the rest was paid by credit card, the total, including the one point or 1 cent, shows in the receipt under aa.com) Does it mean that I will earn miles according to multiplier (5-11times of dollar amount)?
Yes. If the exact fare is visible there you will earn by fare.
Old Apr 7, 2018, 11:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by swgsword
Yes. If the exact fare is visible there you will earn by fare.
that is what I suspected but how can I book the special fare through Chase portal? I have read most people get the special fare through chase if some part of the fare is paid by chase points. This is my first time and it seems like I got very unlucky but would like to learn the trick
Old Apr 8, 2018, 12:54 am

Programs: Alaska Gold 75K, AA EXP, United 1K
Originally Posted by sony2012
that is what I suspected but how can I book the special fare through Chase portal? I have read most people get the special fare through chase if some part of the fare is paid by chase points. This is my first time and it seems like I got very unlucky but would like to learn the trick
no trick, just some routings they use wholesale and some routings they use published fares. If you don't see wholesale/bulk in the fare rules it'll be a published fare.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.