Wiki Posts
Search

Early Checked Luggage

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2018, 9:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: American Airlines
Early Checked Luggage

Has anyone had experience with checking baggage very early on American Airlines? For instance: Would it be possible to check baggage at 9am for a 1am flight (technically next day)? (I am Platinum, in case that makes a difference.)
Old Apr 4, 2018, 9:49 am

Programs: AA ExPlat, Marriott Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by amndflyer
Has anyone had experience with checking baggage very early on American Airlines? For instance: Would it be possible to check baggage at 9am for a 1am flight (technically next day)? (I am Platinum, in case that makes a difference.)
You can't check a bag in that early. I believe American's policy is currently up to 4 hours before departure currently. Your status will have no effect on this.
LovePrunes and amndflyer like this.
Old Apr 4, 2018, 10:48 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
AA's policy is 4 hours at DEN, FLL, LAS, MCO, SLC, and SEA only (domestic). But, you won't be able to check your bags for the next AM as you plan. Depending on the departure location, the easiest may be to have the bell desk at an airport hotel store the bags for you and pick them up the next AM. It will take a very decent tip, but it's easier than lugging.
Old Apr 4, 2018, 11:00 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by amndflyer
If AA requires rechecking baggage with connections of twelve hours, I can’t even imagine checking in this early would be allowed.
amndflyer likes this.
Old Apr 4, 2018, 5:07 pm

Programs: AA Exp, but not sure for how long. Enterprise Platinum woo-hoo!
Usually it's 4-6 hours. If you're trying to go standby they'll usually take it earlier but I don't know how easy it is to check in for a hoped-for standby and then say "just kidding." I've had experience that while 1AM is technically the next day, they'll let you stand by for the "previous" day.
amndflyer likes this.
Old Apr 4, 2018, 6:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
AA isn't as explicit as it should be but for these few airports:

If you're flying from one of these airports, you can't check bags more than 4 hours before departure:
  • Denver (DEN)
  • Fort Lauderdale (FLL)
  • Las Vegas (LAS)
  • Orlando (MCO)
  • Salt Lake City (SLC)
  • Seattle (SEA)
https://www.aa.com/i18n/customer-ser...f-carriage.jsp
amndflyer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.