Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Award hold question

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2018, 8:48 am
Original Poster

Award hold question

Can I hold 4 available seats on under my AA account, then call back within the 5 days to confirm 2, and then allow the other 2 on hold to be confirmed with miles from another AA account?

I am trying to secure 4 award seats, however the other AA account holder is in a different time zone 12 hours ahead and wont be able to call and hold 2 seperate seats for 8-10 hours
Old Mar 22, 2018, 8:55 am

You should just be able to put the two on hold in that other person's account if you have their basic info. I do this all the time for my SO when we want separate PNRs or need different routings. The PNRs will show as held in the accounts of the respective travelers.

Just be careful when you go to actually book - I've had it happen several times where, even though I tell the AAgent to take the miles out of the respective accounts, they always manage to take all the miles out of mine. Not even sure how, since the awards were already held under different accounts.
Old Mar 22, 2018, 8:59 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by arlflyer
You should just be able to put the two on hold in that other person's account if you have their basic info. I do this all the time for my SO when we want separate PNRs or need different routings. The PNRs will show as held in the accounts of the respective travelers.

Just be careful when you go to actually book - I've had it happen several times where, even though I tell the AAgent to take the miles out of the respective accounts, they always manage to take all the miles out of mine. Not even sure how, since the awards were already held under different accounts.

Thanks for the quick response...it's a neighbor and I would only have a name, address. (and the last name is MILLER) so dont know i can go that route.
Old Mar 22, 2018, 9:01 am

Originally Posted by jsteinberg
the other AA account holder is in a different time zone 12 hours ahead
Originally Posted by jsteinberg
it's a neighbor and I would only have a name, address. (and the last name is MILLER)
Spidey sense is getting a little tingly here...
Old Mar 22, 2018, 9:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
Is it supposed to be a surprise? The obvious solution is to have the other person reserve 2 and/or get enough info from them.

If it's some type of surprise (that you're going to use their miles?), I'd call AA to be sure. You don't need to do it online and incur the cost, but describe the situation and ask about solutions.
Old Mar 22, 2018, 9:07 am

You can put 4 seats on hold under one PNR. Then when you want to book they can split the PNR into two and ticket it. Or you can keep the same single PNR but take miles from different accounts to ticket it. To do that you will need he other person’s account and credit card info. Sometimes they will need that person on the phone so you could conference them in.
Old Mar 22, 2018, 9:11 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Merlinrnr
You can put 4 seats on hold under one PNR. Then when you want to book they can split the PNR into two and ticket it. Or you can keep the same single PNR but take miles from different accounts to ticket it. To do that you will need he other person’s account and credit card info. Sometimes they will need that person on the phone so you could conference them in.
This is what i was looking for, thanks for the info...
Old Mar 22, 2018, 10:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
When an award is on hold, when you go online to ticket it, the miles are pulled from whatever account is logged in at the time. So you can put two tickets on hold for yourself in PNR A, then put two on hold for the neighbor in PNR B. When the neighbor is ready to ticket, just give them PNR B, they can log in, search for the reservation using the PNR and pax name, and then ticket it with their own miles.

That may be easier than a single PNR which would need to be split later before ticketing.
Old Mar 22, 2018, 1:43 pm

Originally Posted by swag
That may be easier than a single PNR which would need to be split later before ticketing.
This is true for online reservations but if you ticket by phone they can pull miles from multiple accounts without splitting the PNR. There is a phone ticketing fee but if it’s a partner reservation that can’t be booked online, they will waive the fee. You have to ask them to waive it though. It’s not automatic.
Old Mar 22, 2018, 9:06 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Merlinrnr

This is true for online reservations but if you ticket by phone they can pull miles from multiple accounts without splitting the PNR. There is a phone ticketing fee but if it’s a partner reservation that can’t be booked online, they will waive the fee. You have to ask them to waive it though. It’s not automatic.
Thanks...it is a partner not bookable online (Qatar)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.