Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Worth purchasing an MCE exit row seat

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2018, 3:12 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Yeah, that reserved bin space? Please. I've seen folks from seat 98F land put stuff in the overhead in 1st. If the FA ain't gonna call 'em on it, who am I to make a stink? And then get thrown off the plane...
Old Mar 12, 2018, 3:37 pm

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
Originally Posted by theshaun
Wondering what the pros of paying for an MCE exit row seat are? Early boarding and a bit more room are not important to me, I'm at the back of the bird so will get on early enough to store my bag and I'm not very tall. Chances of not being around children? Is that a thing? What am I missing?
You aren't missing anything. The extra few inches though really help in feeling less claustrophobic, and at my height of 5'10" it's enough that I can extend my legs fully under the seat. In normal economy my shins hit the seat in front of me. Don't fall for bulkhead "MCE" either, it isn't extra at all. But if you are hevier, like I am or danbrew is, then shy away for the narrower seat.
Old Mar 12, 2018, 3:38 pm

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by danbrew
Yeah, that reserved bin space? Please. I've seen folks from seat 98F land put stuff in the overhead in 1st. If the FA ain't gonna call 'em on it, who am I to make a stink? And then get thrown off the plane...
Once I was boarding in the middle of the crowd and a coach PAX ahead of me placed his suitcase right above my F seat and continued walking toward the back of the plane. There was no longer an empty space for my carry-on in the overhead bins in F. I promptly removed the suitcase and put my backpack in the overhead in its place. Somebody later took care of the guy's suitcase, I don't remember who now. I'll do it again, if necessary.
danbrew likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.