Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA Europe Fare Sale from SAN, Now - May 1, $6xx - $8xx

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA Europe Fare Sale from SAN, Now - May 1, $6xx - $8xx

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2018, 6:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EP, HH Diamond, Admirals Club, Global Entry
Smile AA Europe Fare Sale from SAN, Now - May 1, $6xx - $8xx

Looks like AA is offering great fares for 5 or more nights to Europe destinations (excluding LHR and UK destinations) from SAN, now - May 1. Check Matrix with "AA AA" in 2nd and 4th line (no quotes, enter AA AA in the first box of each of these lines). SAN-CDG is around $842, SAN-AMS is around $656, SAN-FCO is around $679 etc. for limited dates (not all dates). Travel allowed in the codeshared BA flights (including BA 272/BA 273 the only direct flight to Europe out of SAN, the SAN-LHR route). These fares are really great. Typical Europe fare out of SAN is around d $1,300. You can plan a Spring break in Europe.

Tintin
James91 likes this.
Old Feb 27, 2018, 10:18 am

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Originally Posted by Tintin
Looks like AA is offering great fares for 5 or more nights to Europe destinations (excluding LHR and UK destinations) from SAN, now - May 1. Check Matrix with "AA AA" in 2nd and 4th line (no quotes, enter AA AA in the first box of each of these lines). SAN-CDG is around $842, SAN-AMS is around $656, SAN-FCO is around $679 etc. for limited dates (not all dates). Travel allowed in the codeshared BA flights (including BA 272/BA 273 the only direct flight to Europe out of SAN, the SAN-LHR route). These fares are really great. Typical Europe fare out of SAN is around d $1,300. You can plan a Spring break in Europe.

Tintin
Those fares are OK, but not great. Prices were about half that a couple weeks ago. Also, you can do SJC-MXP in PE on BA for about $800-$900.

The bold part isn't true. There are direct flights to FRA and ZRH as well as LHR out of SAN.
Old Feb 27, 2018, 3:47 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by skunker
Those fares are OK, but not great. Prices were about half that a couple weeks ago. Also, you can do SJC-MXP in PE on BA for about $800-$900.

The bold part isn't true. There are direct flights to FRA and ZRH as well as LHR out of SAN.
I was checking SAN-CDG fare in AA until 5/31 for 4-6 nights stay every evening since the middle of January. Haven't seen the $400+ fare in AA or in BA metal. The only reasonable fare to Europe was SAN-VCE for about $800 in March/April. Perhaps I missed a very short-lived fare sale.

Regarding SAN-FRA and SAN-ZRH, I think they are starting in the Summer. Condor cancelled SAN-FRA flight. Lufthansa is picking-up the route. And, Swissair will operate a direct flight SAN-ZRH. But, my understanding was, both flights will start in the Summer of 2018.
Old Feb 27, 2018, 9:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

There's better stuff up the road at LAX.

LAX-ARN/OSL/CPH are under $500 RT into June
LAX-FCO is $520
LAX-CDG is $528
LAX-LHR is $570 (also into June)
Old Feb 27, 2018, 9:57 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, American Air, National Car
Any of these in business/first too? I need to spend $1600 to get status again
Old Feb 27, 2018, 9:58 pm

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Originally Posted by Tintin
I was checking SAN-CDG fare in AA until 5/31 for 4-6 nights stay every evening since the middle of January. Haven't seen the $400+ fare in AA or in BA metal. The only reasonable fare to Europe was SAN-VCE for about $800 in March/April. Perhaps I missed a very short-lived fare sale.

Regarding SAN-FRA and SAN-ZRH, I think they are starting in the Summer. Condor cancelled SAN-FRA flight. Lufthansa is picking-up the route. And, Swissair will operate a direct flight SAN-ZRH. But, my understanding was, both flights will start in the Summer of 2018.
The fares were fleeting but they were there and as pointed out below, are still available from LAX.

Condor and Edelweiss (not Swiss) were seasonal flights when they started last year. Condor will not be coming back, but Edelweiss will be in March. The reason Condor is dropping it is probably related to LH starting there route.

Originally Posted by LBJ
There's better stuff up the road at LAX.

LAX-ARN/OSL/CPH are under $500 RT into June
LAX-FCO is $520
LAX-CDG is $528
LAX-LHR is $570 (also into June)
Also check SNA. For a lot of the Europe fares it gets lumped into the LAX sales when SAN won't be. e.g. SNA-CPH is $498 while SAN-CPH is $766
Old Feb 27, 2018, 10:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by 4aks
Any of these in business/first too? I need to spend $1600 to get status again
SAN-OSL is around $2791. Slightly more for ARN.
4aks likes this.
Old Feb 27, 2018, 11:38 pm
Original Poster

SAN-CDG fare is back to $1,322+ in AA/BA/OW.

Seems like AA is experimenting with fare sale to Europe from different origins.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.