Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: AA reducing 45 Business Class seats to 37 from the “45” 777 / 772

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE: AA reducing 45 Business Class seats to 37 from the “45” 777 / 772

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2018, 6:00 am

Originally Posted by econometrics
Lastly, I would not like having an SWU clear into a 45J bird, only to have it swapped 2 hours before boarding to a 37J, meaning an involuntary downgrade. Standardizing the seat count makes sense, operationally and from a business perspective for AA.
I'd rather have my upgrade clear on a 45J bird and most of the time fly in J with a small risk of being downgraded later than never have it clear on a 37J plane with a 100% chance of flying in coach.
Old Mar 1, 2018, 6:19 am

Programs: AA EXP, LT Gold
Originally Posted by jordyn
I'd rather have my upgrade clear on a 45J bird and most of the time fly in J with a small risk of being downgraded later than never have it clear on a 37J plane with a 100% chance of flying in coach.
The 13 45J 772's were basically all LAX/JFK/RDU-LHR flights. Upgrading on those routes is already pretty easy if you're an EXP with a respectable EQD.

This is not as big a loss as some are making it out to be.
Old Mar 1, 2018, 6:27 am

Originally Posted by econometrics
The 13 45J 772's were basically all LAX/JFK/RDU-LHR flights. Upgrading on those routes is already pretty easy if you're an EXP with a respectable EQD.
It's not at all clear this will remain true once eight business class seats are ripped out.

NOTE: The last C45 777-223ER was retrofitted to C37 and Premium Economy at KPAE and returned to service 11 December 2018. Please see the new “Which 777-200ER?” thread here.

Last edited by JDiver; Dec 11, 2018 at 4:13 pm Reason: Insert Moderators note

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.