Wiki Posts
Search

AA to Austrian Airlines Baggage Transfer

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2018, 2:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL - DM, Charter KM; Marriott Ambassador
AA to Austrian Airlines Baggage Transfer

Flying DFW-LHR-VIE in a few weeks and looking at flights. DFW-LHR is AA and LHR-VIE is Austrian Air. It doesn't appear that AA will check-through bags to Austrian Air from everything I've been able to find. That being said, I have a couple questions I'm hoping you can help with.
  • Will I be able to collect bags in London without clearing passport control/customs?
  • Will 2 hours be enough time to do so and make the connecting flight?
If anyone has any different information about baggage transfers between those two airlines that contradicts what I've posted above, I certainly welcome the feedback.

Thank you!
Old Jan 18, 2018, 2:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by MichaelKade
Flying DFW-LHR-VIE in a few weeks and looking at flights. DFW-LHR is AA and LHR-VIE is Austrian Air. It doesn't appear that AA will check-through bags to Austrian Air from everything I've been able to find. That being said, I have a couple questions I'm hoping you can help with.
  • Will I be able to collect bags in London without clearing passport control/customs?
  • Will 2 hours be enough time to do so and make the connecting flight?
If anyone has any different information about baggage transfers between those two airlines that contradicts what I've posted above, I certainly welcome the feedback.

Thank you!
The critical question, is it all on the same ticket?

If yes, then AA will tag your bags through.

If no, then AA won't tag your bags through. You'll have to collect your bag at T3, clear immigration and customs, and then proceed to T2 for your Austrian flight. Two hours is almost assuredly not enough time for this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.