Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA Vacations.... Air receipt the same? (to merge)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2018, 8:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP

If you purchase a Biz class tic on AA Vacations..... will the email receipt for the airfare look the same as a normal AA E-receipt? I ask because I will have to submit that receipt to my employer, for reimbursement, and I am wondering if my employer will be able to tell, that it was airfare in conjunction with AA Vacations.

Thanks for your insight.
Old Jan 16, 2018, 5:40 pm

Originally Posted by AA Flyer
If you purchase a Biz class tic on AA Vacations..... will the email receipt for the airfare look the same as a normal AA E-receipt? I ask because I will have to submit that receipt to my employer, for reimbursement, and I am wondering if my employer will be able to tell, that it was airfare in conjunction with AA Vacations.

Thanks for your insight.
My last booking I received an email receipt from AA Vacations for the entire package price. I also received an email that was close to a normal AA E-receipt when the air portion was ticketed. Though that receipt only showed the taxes paid, and had 0 in the fare column.
Old Jan 16, 2018, 6:10 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT - 2.9MM, Lifetime AC, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Hertz Precs Crcl
Originally Posted by AA Flyer

Thanks for your insight.
You will get two "receipts." The air receipt is similar, but only taxes are shown as the fare component is blocked (bulk/special) and they will not give it to you with the total air cost. So, for your purposes, don't do it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.