Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Upgrade to Business - BOS-PRG (and alternatives - resolved)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Upgrade to Business - BOS-PRG (and alternatives - resolved)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2018, 11:38 pm

Programs: BA Silver/ows, CX AsiaMiles (not even GR anymore!) missing my GO days
I'd echo those above who say that unless you have a medical issue, economy is very doable on these flights. Especially the BOS-LHR option. And if you don't need to worry about using AA miles to upgrade you also have the freedom to choose any carrier based on schedule and price. But if that doesn't suit, two other possibilities:

1 Premium Economy. Available on all BA longhaul flights and some AA. (And also Air France or Lufthansa if you're shopping around?) It's not a flat bed but it's wider, has more leg room and a deeper recline and somewhat better catering.

2 Paying for business. One counterintuitive trick often used by people on the BA board on FT is to search for a flight+car package on the BA website. This can sometimes price out cheaper per person than business flights alone. And you don't need to collect the car in Prague if you don't want to drive. Two of my family members saved around $1000 this way on a recent visit to London.
Old Feb 22, 2018, 5:54 am
Original Poster

Circling back to update this thread with our final itinerary. Thanks to all the great information and ideas about how we might approach this trip, we ended up skipping any thoughts of using AA miles, and got over the idea that we couldn't fly that distance in anything less than Business - booked ourselves in Delta C+ BOS-DUB. Staying a few nights to explore DUB, then on to PRG on Ryanair. Reversing that coming back, with a quick overnight in DUB near the airport. We are very happy with our itinerary. Thank you all your input is greatly appreciated.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.