Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Any way to...BUY up to premium economy on BA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Any way to...BUY up to premium economy on BA

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2018, 11:06 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by broland
Exactly. That's what I said - "some seats". Any economy seats with better legroom are not available to ExP/
But not of much help for the OP
Old Jan 9, 2018, 11:49 am

Programs: AA LT Gold
Not sure if there are any A380s out of JFK and that match your TXL connection
I really liked both WT and WT+ on BA A380s upper deck, window seat.
The window seat on the 2nd deck has a deep narrow cabinet between the window and the seat which is great to store anything you want and it is also a nice surface to put your phone, drink, etc without having to rely on the tray table.
I'm 6' and I found the WT seat comfortable enough.

I am currently only GLD (no advances seat selection) but I was able to select window seats on upper deck at T-24 check in.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 1:35 pm

Programs: AA EP, MUCCI, Proudly BA Blue,.
Slightly off topic but can anyone confirm that you can NOT use AA miles to redeem WTP (WT+) tickets on BA?

Thanks...
Old Jan 9, 2018, 1:40 pm

Originally Posted by matinicus rock
Slightly off topic but can anyone confirm that you can NOT use AA miles to redeem WTP (WT+) tickets on BA?

Thanks...
Currently AA does not off award bookings on Premium Economy
You can upgrade from Full fare W class on BA to Business class
Old Jan 9, 2018, 5:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by matinicus rock

Thanks...
Not yet. It'll have to wait for AA to get further along with rolling out PE on more routes, and then publish an award chart for them. Only then is it likely that'll also make an award chart for PE on partners. But we don't yet know when that will be. See this thread for everything about AA's PE:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amer...ay-2018-a.html
Old Jan 10, 2018, 1:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Marriot Platinum
Update: Thanks to all's help. I was able to call into AA and find P inventory for WT+ and pay the fare difference (which was about 15% of the total fare) without a change fee. Kept the same Record Locator. To claim an exit row seat in WT, it would have cost me about 8% of the total fare. So hopefully its a good value.
Old Jan 10, 2018, 1:44 pm

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by northernlights1
Update: Thanks to all's help. I was able to call into AA and find P inventory for WT+ and pay the fare difference (which was about 15% of the total fare) without a change fee. Kept the same Record Locator. To claim an exit row seat in WT, it would have cost me about 8% of the total fare. So hopefully its a good value.
Extremely good value. Congrats!
Old Jan 10, 2018, 2:56 pm

Originally Posted by northernlights1
If on a BA flight number, it also means that you earn 150% EQMs rather than 50% and 100% award miles rather than 50%
Old Jan 25, 2018, 6:41 am

Programs: AA EXP
Hi everyone: I am in the same boat with WT flights booked with AA, hoping to buy up to WT+. I called AA several times and there is only P inventory on one of the 2 transatlantic flights, so there is no way to buy up to that (I'd have to buy-up to W, which is too expensive).
I'm hoping to try to buy-up at check-in at least for the flight that shows P inventory -- question is, would it be better to check in online for that flight, or check in at the airport, in terms of chance to have the opportunity to buy up? Thanks!
Old Jan 25, 2018, 9:17 am

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, UA Silver
Originally Posted by dboston
Hi everyone: I am in the same boat with WT flights booked with AA, hoping to buy up to WT+. I called AA several times and there is only P inventory on one of the 2 transatlantic flights, so there is no way to buy up to that (I'd have to buy-up to W, which is too expensive).
I'm hoping to try to buy-up at check-in at least for the flight that shows P inventory -- question is, would it be better to check in online for that flight, or check in at the airport, in terms of chance to have the opportunity to buy up? Thanks!
I'd suggest checking in online to see if you get an offer. If not, ask at the desk when you arrive at the airport...
Old Jan 25, 2018, 9:44 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by whimsey21
I'd suggest checking in online to see if you get an offer. If not, ask at the desk when you arrive at the airport...
Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.