Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA Eagle LGA-CMH operated by what aircraft?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA Eagle LGA-CMH operated by what aircraft?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2018, 7:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA, Hilton
Just to add about perspectives, I was telling my wife about what to expect and about how perspectives differ. And she casually commented that the US Presidents all disembark on the apron and onto the tarmac.

LOL she’s a keeper.
Old Jan 3, 2018, 7:19 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by golfingboy
I'll make this easy - book the Republic flights.

Seriously? I just wanted to know if there was any inherent difference. Ours are operated by PSA by American Eagle. For a 2 hours flight time, I’m not concerned, but interested. Thanks.
Old Jan 3, 2018, 7:23 pm
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Originally Posted by the phoenix
Seriously? I just wanted to know if there was any inherent difference. Ours are operated by PSA by American Eagle. For a 2 hours flight time, I’m not concerned, but interested. Thanks.

The only real difference are the types of aircrafts and the ones republic operates on this route is far better than the other planes operated by the other carriers.

That appeared to be your primary concern based on your comments regarding seat maps and not being able to fit full size rollerboards.

Sorry I misunderstood your objective here.
Old Jan 3, 2018, 8:37 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA PLT PRO, AGR, Strawberry (Nordic Choice), Marriott Bonvoy
Originally Posted by SOBE ER DOC
Wow, I surprised by this statement. I have been flying in and out of CMH a lot and rather think it a disappointing airport for a city of CMH's size. Three terminals not joined behind security limits access to amenities and decent food options. The interior is bland and completely uninspired and, for the life of me, I cannot figure out their ridiculous arrangements of jet bridges where as many as three gates merge into one jet bridge. Not a single airline with a club. Compared to airports in cities of a similar size: PIT, CVG, RDU, JAX, AUS, IND - CMH is disappointing.
Well, I hadn't been comparing it to other airports in similar cities but to LGA where my trips to and from Columbus start and end. Compared to that, it's heaven.

I don't have any club memberships and don't fly internationally from CMH so wouldn't benefit from class of service or status based lounge access on those itineraries.

You're right about limited food and amenities because of lack of inter-pier transfers. But does anyone ever need to transfer between the piers of the terminal? I assumed any given airline was located in only one pier (unlike LGA, by contrast).

Sure, it's not LHR but CMH is easy to navigate. Then again, my usual destination in the city is a very short drive from the airport so I'd be unlikely to spend any time there -- a lengthy delay would mean I'd choose to leave the airport.
Old Jan 4, 2018, 9:34 am

Originally Posted by SOBE ER DOC
Wow, I surprised by this statement. I have been flying in and out of CMH a lot and rather think it a disappointing airport for a city of CMH's size. Three terminals not joined behind security limits access to amenities and decent food options. The interior is bland and completely uninspired and, for the life of me, I cannot figure out their ridiculous arrangements of jet bridges where as many as three gates merge into one jet bridge. Not a single airline with a club. Compared to airports in cities of a similar size: PIT, CVG, RDU, JAX, AUS, IND - CMH is disappointing.
Agree with you 100% on the lack of food options. Eddie George probably makes more off the $15 sandwiches here than an NFL salary. Otherwise, I find it a pretty decent airport IMO:
  • Rental cars are walkable from the terminal and no need for shuttle
  • Jet bridge setup is odd but never really cared about it. AA trying to board 3 flights from the same door with 10 minutes of each other becomes a cluster but I attribute that to AA
  • Club would be nice but my primary use for it is getting a seat and work done while waiting. Terminal is never crowded and seats and workstations are always available. Wifi is decent speeds
  • Location is decent for most of the metro

Certainly nothing exciting but it covers the basics well
Old Jan 4, 2018, 7:07 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by golfingboy

The only real difference are the types of aircrafts and the ones republic operates on this route is far better than the other planes operated by the other carriers.

That appeared to be your primary concern based on your comments regarding seat maps and not being able to fit full size rollerboards.

Sorry I misunderstood your objective here.
no worries! Am truly interested but not concerned since I’m really no experience with Envoy, Republic or PSA. Its just the AA seat map is vague, only stating CRJ but not delineating further.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.