Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

What should I expect from my first AA Flight

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 26, 2017, 10:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT, United Silver

I am flying to sat to las on 1/1. I just received my Citi executive card. I was wondering what should I expect from my first flight from AA. I know I get to board sooner but do I get to a different checkin line?

Also which lounge should I checkout during my connection at DFW
Old Dec 27, 2017, 8:36 am

Programs: BA GGL, FPC Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Amb
There's an Admiral's club in every terminal. It is generally not worth lounge hopping unless you have an Amex Platinum or Centurion (in which case the Centurion lounge in Terminal D is the best option). You won't have access to Flagship dining, so there's no point in making a special trip to Terminal D--just use the Admiral's Club in your departure terminal.
Old Dec 27, 2017, 8:45 am

Programs: Marriott - Lifetime Platinum Premier, AA - CK
Just a note. The Club in the A terminal is currently closed for construction. If you travel takes you in or out of A, make plans to visit a club in a different terminal.
Old Dec 27, 2017, 1:42 pm

Programs: AA EXP
You'll be in Group 4 unless your status gives you a higher level (doesn't sound like it). https://www.aa.com/i18n/travel-info/...ng-process.jsp. Technically speaking, you'll board on the "priority" side of the gate - they typically have two lines - Groups 1-4 and 5-9999 (lol). Group 4 puts you pretty far behind the pack, and most will gather around the line at the gate waiting for the cattle call.

You probably won't know your gate at DFW until the day of the flight. What you can do, though, is download the AA mobile app. It will show you the location of all of the ACs at DFW.
Old Dec 27, 2017, 2:11 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by Daniel Solis
do I get to a different checkin line?
Yes, priority check-in is a published benefit of the card.
https://secure.fly.aa.com/citi/direc...=citiexecutive
Old Dec 27, 2017, 4:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT, United Silver
Is there a admirals club that is the best out of all of them there or should I go to the centurion lounge or the club at dfw?
Old Dec 27, 2017, 4:47 pm

Programs: AA, CX, Hyatt, Marriott
Is there a admirals club that is the best out of all of them there or should I go to the centurion lounge or the club at dfw?
IMO they are pretty much the same at DFW. Very likely to be crowded.
Old Dec 27, 2017, 4:59 pm

Programs: Marriott - Lifetime Platinum Premier, AA - CK
I prefer the B club, but am in and out of B often. I do find that it seems to be the least busy so even with long layovers I don't venture out to others.

The D club can be pretty good around noon after several of the TPAC flights have departed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.