Wiki Posts
Search

DFW Baggage Services - Above and Beyond

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2017, 5:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: Non-Affiliated
DFW Baggage Services - Above and Beyond

I wanted to share a story of a recent experience with DFW luggage claim. Maybe it will help someone's holiday spirit.

My parents flew ORD-DFW on a last minute fare on Wednesday of last week. (Booked less than 24 hours out, for $41pp, mind you) On arrival to DFW, after collecting their luggage my mother was in not what I would call a lucid state totally, and neglected to remember that she had also brought a walker with her. We left the airport, and three days later she recalled that she had left her walker, which had been checked as luggage.

The tickets were in no way connected to my AA account, other than having been booked on my AA credit card, which is tied to my personal e-mail address, as is my AAdvantage account.

Monday I receive an e-mail at my company e-mail address, indicating they believe they had found an item that belonged to me, and asked me to describe the item and they'd ship it to me by FedEx. Low and behold, it was the walker and it should arrive by FedEx today.

How they managed to connect this item checked in my parents name to my corporate e-mail address is beyond me. The only possible link is that I used the e-mail several years ago in a corporate status give away. (Free Gold for a year or something.) But they would have had to cross match the e-mail address used as confirmation on the tickets, to a corporate e-mail, though the e-mail domains were obviously different (the first part before the @ sign was identical.)

Either way, great job by luggage services in DFW!
IAHtraveler and 50ae like this.
Old Dec 21, 2017, 6:17 am

Programs: AA EXP, Amex Plt, AA AC
DFW is pretty good about that. They also replaced my bag one time with a much better bag when the handlers ruined it.

That said, the handlers suck and they always send my weapons onto the carousel instead of where they are supposed to go. every single time.
Old Dec 21, 2017, 12:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by 50ae
DFW is pretty good about that. They also replaced my bag one time with a much better bag when the handlers ruined it.

That said, the handlers suck and they always send my weapons onto the carousel instead of where they are supposed to go. every single time.
Speaking of weapons, thanks for the light "sabre"
https://www.sabre.com/files/Sabre-History.pdf

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.