Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AAdvantage has just opened tons of Saaver seats for Xmas!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AAdvantage has just opened tons of Saaver seats for Xmas!

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18, 2017, 10:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
Arrow AAdvantage has just opened tons of Saaver seats for Xmas!

At least within the Eastern USA. If you've booked in advance, check now for a better flight (no-fee change.) Or use Avios or QF miles to book new without the stupid $75 rush fee!

Last edited by JDiver; Dec 19, 2017 at 8:45 pm Reason: Strike out incorrect information
Old Dec 19, 2017, 9:48 am

Wait... No fee to rebook a AAnytime award to a SAAver? I thought there was a mileage redeposit fee? Waived for Plat or above I think..
Old Dec 19, 2017, 10:14 am
Used to be 'g_leyser'

Location: Brandon Johnson International Airport (expect delays)
Programs: AA PlatPro, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Plat, Reno Air MEGA Platinum
Originally Posted by shimps1
Wait... No fee to rebook a AAnytime award to a SAAver? I thought there was a mileage redeposit fee? Waived for Plat or above I think..
There is no fee if you change dates and/or routing as long as origin and destination are the same.
Brendan likes this.
Old Dec 19, 2017, 10:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, AA Gold
If the award type changes (e.g. AAnytime to SAAver, there is a fee for us lowly Golds. But if you are Gold or above, you could change to a better flight (if the same award type is available) for free.
Old Dec 19, 2017, 10:29 am
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage EXPLAT, Hilton Diamond, SPG/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Citi Exec MC, Amex Plat
IIRC, only EXP get all fees waived
Old Dec 19, 2017, 10:51 am

Programs: AA PLT, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by formeraa
If the award type changes (e.g. AAnytime to SAAver, there is a fee for us lowly Golds. But if you are Gold or above, you could change to a better flight (if the same award type is available) for free.
No - a fee applies for award type changes to all except EXP. OTOH changing flights (with the same O&D) within a single type of award is free for all I believe (even non-status).
Brendan and JDiver like this.
Old Dec 19, 2017, 10:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by matrixwalker2012
IIRC, only EXP get all fees waived
Correct : https://www.aa.com/i18n/aadvantage-p...l.jsp#changing
  • Changes to the itinerary which involve different AAdvantage awards than originally ticketed require a reinstatement of the original award ticket, payment of the applicable award reinstatement fee, and a new award ticket issued
  • The award reinstatement fee will be waived for Executive Platinum members using miles from their account
Brendan likes this.
Old Dec 19, 2017, 12:51 pm

Programs: AA 2MM LT PLT; AS MVP Gold75k; HHonors Diamond; IHG PLT
No fee to UPGRADE an award (economy to biz/first), yes to downgrade - EXP is only exception.
fedechat likes this.
Old Dec 19, 2017, 7:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Pretty sure that the only elite benefit on booking award travel for Gold/Plat/(PPro?) is the waiver of the close-in booking fee.
Old Dec 19, 2017, 8:44 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
For most (except Exec Plat) it certainly will require miles redeposit and a new award - and a fee of $150 on the first award redeposited and $25 for each subsequent same award on the same account.

From SAAver to AAnytime would not require a fee, nor would “upgrading” class of service with the requisite miles.
Old Dec 20, 2017, 6:21 am

What routes? I don't see much of a change form the past few weeks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.