Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Happy Holidays eMail from aairlines.bounce.ed10.net not Bogus

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Happy Holidays eMail from aairlines.bounce.ed10.net not Bogus

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2017, 8:37 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum; Hilton Diamond
It's not bogus.
Old Dec 14, 2017, 12:16 pm

Programs: AA, DL, AS, VA, WS Silver
Originally Posted by andersonCooper
Same email, also mailed by aairlines.bounce.ed10.net/sent from [email protected], no issue at all. Chrome sometimes does not work with inserted Youtube video, and it happens frequently on my company's laptop.
I got the same email too, with aairlines.bounce.ed10.net in the header. All the links legitimately point to AA.com, and my frequent flyer number is written in the fine print at the bottom of the email. So either this is a legit email, or the scammers not only put together a very convincing spoof with no apparent benefit to them (since it doesn't point to fake web sites where I could spend money) and they have my frequent flyer number and the corresponding email address. It's possible; I don't treat my email address of frequent flyer number as completely confidential (unlike my password). That elevates this from a carefully-written mass spam to individually-tailored identity theft, if this email is fake. I can be paranoid, but my money's on this being legit.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.