Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Admirals Club Wish Lists

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2017, 5:31 am

Programs: National Executive Elite, IHG Diamond Elite, Hilton Gold, SW A List, Marriott Gold
Another vote for LAS. Also, would love to see a small club at FLL. Even if it’s just a space to escape the crowds and noise and has a Coke Freestyle machine, that would be just fine.

I was at the LAX club about two months ago when it had just opened and they had a bow tie pasta salad available which was a nice change and has some substance to it. Would like to see that expand to at least all the other hub ACs.
Old Dec 7, 2017, 8:13 am

Programs: AA EXP 1.0mm, not sure where I am with hotels these days
Originally Posted by worldwidedreamer
If memory serves right that space was formerly occupied by a TWA Ambassadors Club and an American West Club, both forebears of today's American Airlines.
The TWA club was before my time, and I don't recall the AW club there. But it does seem nicely out of the way.
Old Dec 7, 2017, 9:18 am

Programs: American, United, Virgin
Please get with the program

I would like American and all other US based airlines to simply catch up with their competition. Virgin Atlantic, Quantas, Singapore Airlines and Emirates all have excellent facilities for their business and first class passengers. Complementary meals cooked to order, complementary drinks, really nice lounges with calming decor, showers, comfortable seating and much more. I paid a lot of money to fly my family business class to Rome with American from JFK the lounge was awful. I flew Quantas to Sydney business class from Philly via SFO and the lounge experience on the first leg with American was mediocre, the lounge experience in Sydney was amazing. Flying to Dubai out of JFK with Emirates, what a treat. The gate to the plane is in the business class lounge and the food in the lounge was amazing. Why can other big international carriers do it and US airlines can't? I could rant on about the difference in on-board service too but any long distance flier who has experienced good service will tell you the US airlines fall very short of some of their international competition.
Old Dec 7, 2017, 9:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by tony t
I would like American and all other US based airlines to simply catch up with their competition. Virgin Atlantic, Quantas, Singapore Airlines and Emirates all have excellent facilities for their business and first class passengers. Complementary meals cooked to order, complementary drinks, really nice lounges with calming decor, showers, comfortable seating and much more. I paid a lot of money to fly my family business class to Rome with American from JFK the lounge was awful. I flew Quantas to Sydney business class from Philly via SFO and the lounge experience on the first leg with American was mediocre, the lounge experience in Sydney was amazing. Flying to Dubai out of JFK with Emirates, what a treat. The gate to the plane is in the business class lounge and the food in the lounge was amazing. Why can other big international carriers do it and US airlines can't? I could rant on about the difference in on-board service too but any long distance flier who has experienced good service will tell you the US airlines fall very short of some of their international competition.
dude its Qantas.

Is it April 1st?
Old Dec 7, 2017, 9:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
I would like American and all other US based airlines to simply catch up with their competition. Virgin Atlantic, Quantas, Singapore Airlines and Emirates all have excellent facilities for their business and first class passengers. Complementary meals cooked to order, complementary drinks, really nice lounges with calming decor, showers, comfortable seating and much more.
If you want Admiral's Clubs restricted to long-haul business and first cabin passengers that's a business model that can work. AA can't provide those amenities on a $271 JFK-LAX r/t.
Old Dec 7, 2017, 10:03 am

Originally Posted by enviroian
dude its Qantas.

Is it April 1st?
I forgot they spell it wrongly. Perhaps it is April 1st
Old Dec 7, 2017, 10:06 am

Programs: AA EXP; Avis PC; Hertz PC; Marriott LT Gold; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by MSP_Monopoly
Another vote for LAS. Also, would love to see a small club at FLL. Even if it’s just a space to escape the crowds and noise and has a Coke Freestyle machine, that would be just fine.

I was at the LAX club about two months ago when it had just opened and they had a bow tie pasta salad available which was a nice change and has some substance to it. Would like to see that expand to at least all the other hub ACs.
I would love a club at FLL, even if just something really small like GSO or the small one at CLT by B3/B5. They could stick it next to the B6 crew lounge and Chili's in the outer concourse for all I care. I usually time arrival at the airport to minimize wait time, but if there are delays, it is just so hard to get anything productive done at FLL while waiting, but it is so much easier in all respects than driving to MIA if I have to connect regardless (I live 20 min west of FLL). If I can go nonstop, then I always drive to MIA.

Last edited by HofstraJet; Dec 7, 2017 at 10:39 am

Originally Posted by 3Cforme
If you want Admiral's Clubs restricted to long-haul business and first cabin passengers that's a business model that can work. AA can't provide those amenities on a $271 JFK-LAX r/t.
Qantas can do it in their domestic hubs, I know they don't have as many. But I would have thought that the US airlines could at least match the competition in their international hubs. They don't!

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
I'm presuming your flight was before the new Flagship Lounge at JFK opened? (Review: American Flagship Lounge JFK and Flagship First Dining , or on FT https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amer...ne-2017-a.html).

In addition to JFK, AA has these at LAX (starting Dec 13), MIA, ORD and coming to DFW and PHL next year. Very competitive to Int'l Business Class lounges by other carriers, IMHO, although somewhat less so to dedicated F lounges. Int'l ACs area also much nicer than the domestic ones, such as those at LHR, NRT and CDG.

Back to the topic on hand though, I'm in agreement with many others that offering better than bottom shelf liquors and adding sparking wine in the complimentary category would be a welcome improvement, as would be adding some more substantial food. such as scrambled eggs for breakfast and sandwiches for the rest of the day.
Old Dec 7, 2017, 10:18 am
Original Member

Programs: AA (Life Plat), Marriott (Life Titanium) and every other US program
Bring back small cigars (Tiparillos) like they had in the United clubs in the 70's.
Pasqualle7 likes this.
Old Dec 7, 2017, 10:33 am

Programs: Marriott - Lifetime Platinum Premier, AA - CK
Originally Posted by Head
A full time bouncer that removes folks that are talking above a whisper on their phone!
After reading other posts about locations that don't have an AC, I take back my original wish. I now simply wish that the GSO club remains open indefinitely. No upgrades needed.... I'll take it just the way it is.
Old Dec 7, 2017, 3:07 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG / Marriott GLD, HHonors GLD
(1) Decent midrange liquor and one craft beer free in every club is priority #1 . They should be able to offer Smirnoff, Jack Daniels, Dewar's, etc for free like Delta does and like they do in AA FC. Each airport should cater a local craft beer that's on the house - great way to try new beers and not stick to Miller or Coors. Delta has done this for years
(2) a full salad bar or healthy bowl bar like you get in the Sky Clubs would be a nice addition

There are many things about the ACs I like - they're quieter than DL lounges, most of the non LUS ones have showers (hello UA), the guac bar is really nice, the food to order is actually a really nice option - food is good and comes out quickly for a reasonable price, and they actually allow you to bring outside food (hello DL!) . Not to mention the AC staff at my base in SFO are wonderful - it really is one of the best clubs in the system. But a small investment in soft product would go along way, especially in the liquor/beer department.
Old Dec 7, 2017, 3:17 pm

Programs: AA, CX, Hyatt, Marriott
Qantas can do it in their domestic hubs, I know they don't have as many. But I would have thought that the US airlines could at least match the competition in their international hubs. They don't!
Does Qantas offer unlimited domestic upgrade from economy to premium economy(to business in transcon)? AA does!
Old Dec 7, 2017, 7:14 pm
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Originally Posted by scottmlew
I will second that request! And I'll note that I consider any airport where I need to be worried about an upgrade as a CK must be at least somewhat premium.
I can't remember where but I remember this clearly someone posted in another forum 3-4 years back listing the most premium markets in the US... BWI was #7 ... IAD/DCA (WAS) was at #5 or something. Admittedly I suspect this figure includes gov't Y fares.

So seeing this comment isn't a surprise, when I flew frequently with UA out of BWI I had to buy M+ fare or else its coach for me.
Old Dec 8, 2017, 5:54 am

Programs: AA EXP 2.8m,Lifetime PLT, Hilton Diamond, IHG PlLT, SPG Gold
My (well I dont own it) AC in ATL is great, staff are amazing,
Would like to see the coupon on drinks when flying international disappear, it seems rather cheap,
Food is fine, dont really eat before flying anyway, but the few times a year I take my daughter with me, she says the oatmeal is yuccky

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.