Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

No priority boarding lanes at some ORD gates

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2017, 8:56 pm
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA

Boarding one night this week at gate H8 was a cattle call reminiscent of the late 90's. After they called group one on a full 738, they called 2 through 9 rather quickly. To compound matters, there was no separate priority boarding lane. Looking around the immediate area, I noticed that H9 across the hall also lacked the separate lanes.

Not connecting through ORD too often, I'm wondering if this is the norm there?
Old Oct 20, 2017, 9:06 pm

Programs: National Executive Elite, IHG Diamond Elite, Hilton Gold, SW A List, Marriott Gold
I’ve never noticed a gate that does not have a priority lane at ORD. Just flew out of there tonight and they called group one and I swear about 30 people boarded in Group 1, many of whom I could see their blue mobile boarding passes indicating they are non-priority. Irks me every time.
Old Oct 23, 2017, 7:55 am

Programs: AA EP, UA Gold-MM, UA 1K (former), GS (former),SPG LT Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by PHL
Boarding one night this week at gate H8 was a cattle call reminiscent of the late 90's. After they called group one on a full 738, they called 2 through 9 rather quickly. To compound matters, there was no separate priority boarding lane. Looking around the immediate area, I noticed that H9 across the hall also lacked the separate lanes.

I could be wrong but I think 1 or 2 gates may be missing them due to space constraints.

Also I think that is the gate that Alaska uses part time so perhaps the agent never set them back up after the Alaska flight?
Old Oct 23, 2017, 8:18 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by PHL

Yeah, noticed this too last week and I had a similar thing happen with the boarding groups. They were calling group 5 by the scheduled boarding time. I was carrying a briefcase only so I didn't care, but it still makes no sense to me. It's not like boarding was completed any faster than normal.
Old Oct 23, 2017, 8:24 am

Programs: AA EXP, Amex Plt, AA AC
I'm not really sure why they have those signs anyway. Nobody pays attention to them, including the GAs
Old Oct 23, 2017, 8:37 am

Programs: National Executive Elite, IHG Diamond Elite, Hilton Gold, SW A List, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by 50ae
I'm not really sure why they have those signs anyway. Nobody pays attention to them, including the GAs
This.
50ae likes this.
Old Oct 24, 2017, 1:32 am

Programs: AA EP
Originally Posted by 50ae
If they didn't have signs at all, those in boarding group 1-4 would claim it's a fake benefit. With the signs, AA has some deniability.
50ae likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.