Wiki Posts
Search

AA should 'reinvent' coach dining

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18, 2017, 9:03 am
Suspended
Original Poster

AA should 'reinvent' coach dining

Oh well, who would thought DL will now be revolutionise the coach dining in long haul. Anyone who follow the news today would see DL will introduce Coach Long Haul Dining Menu Card and will upgrade meals from now to middle of 2018.

I think it is not enough for AA to follow suit now.

It is time for AA to introduce American Dining concept with introduction of KFC inspired Chicken Burger on board, or Taco Bell inspired seasonal Tacos for long haul, or branded pizza...or whatever, just do not copy Delta any more. Have something original and American!

ADD: For those against KFC meals, please note that 5 star airline JAL did introduce it on its coach flight between the US and Japan. We are talking about 3 stars AA's already unhealthy coach meal (not the meals you normally have in Business or First).

Last edited by FlyerTalker688786; Oct 18, 2017 at 11:28 am Reason: Add KFC on JAL
Old Oct 18, 2017, 9:07 am

Programs: AA EXP, AA Million Miles, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by chongcao
It is time for AA to introduce American Dining concept with introduction of KFC inspired Chicken Burger on board, or Taco Bell inspired seasonal Tacos for long haul, or branded pizza...or whatever, just do not copy Delta any more. Have something original and American!
Please no. None of those - especially Taco Bell.

In all seriousness - I can't imagine any circumstance in which the type/quantity/quality of coach food impacts my decision in purchasing a ticket or choosing a carrier.

So many other places I'd rather see AA invest dollars than coach food.
trooper likes this.
Old Oct 18, 2017, 9:07 am

Programs: AA
AA finally gave Main Cabin customers an upgraded craft beer choice (years after United, Delta, Southwest and even Frontier). AA still hasn't launched an upgraded brand of coffee (hoping for La Colombe). So I would expect Main Cabin International dining upgrades in about 2025.
Old Oct 18, 2017, 9:11 am

Originally Posted by chongcao
Oh well, who would thought DL will now be revolutionise the coach dining in long haul. Anyone who follow the news today would see DL will introduce Coach Long Haul Dining Menu Card and will upgrade meals from now to middle of 2018.

I think it is not enough for AA to follow suit now.

How is greasy, unhealthy fat-laden fast food from KFC or Taco Bell "revolutionizing" coach dining? Gross. I think people are trained well enough by now to bring what they want, be it crap food like that from the food court or something else.
the_real_a likes this.
Old Oct 18, 2017, 9:16 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by LovePrunes
How is greasy, unhealthy fat-laden fast food from KFC or Taco Bell "revolutionizing" coach dining? Gross. I think people are trained well enough by now to bring what they want, be it crap food like that from the food court or something else.
Trying to think of my least favorite airport food bag to see walking down the aisle....Manchu Wok, maybe? UGH!
Old Oct 18, 2017, 9:17 am

Programs: AA Platinum, Hilton, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott
Delta's coach reinvention may be all hype - time will tell how they execute it onboard.

If AA does anything, I think they would follow United in doing buy on board in long haul economy flights.
Old Oct 18, 2017, 9:22 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
KFC? Taco Bell? "Revolutionizing"? More like "revolting".
Old Oct 18, 2017, 9:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
I assume the OP's post was in jest, no?
Old Oct 18, 2017, 9:34 am

Programs: AS 100K
Hyperbole aside, there is A LOT of room for AA to improve here. And the idea of an airline successfully teaming up with a food brand is not unheard of; just look at JAL's use of Curry Lab.

That said, I'd imagine the vast majority of the flying public would prefer something more wholesome and plane-friendly than Taco Bell or KFC. Uno's Pizza was a good idea at LAA, though it was often executed poorly.
Old Oct 18, 2017, 9:47 am
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
I fly a fare amount in bc to Europe, the "normal" choices are upscale sounding but are not that nice tastewise. In Y (as EXP) on domestic I can get the FRUIT/CHEESE plate, better IMHO than their bc food.
PS: Over many years of flying on AA in bc/fc/y, on a JFK-LAX mid-afternoon flt they offered a HOT TURKEY REUBEN sandwich, this stands out as the BEST item I've ever eaten on AA.
FlyerTalker688786 likes this.
Old Oct 18, 2017, 9:54 am

I will say, however, if AA can figure out how Cathay makes their in-flight french fries taste so freshly-fried and GOOD, I would be ok to indulge. Seriously, the fries that CX serve with their inflight burger in first & business are ***amazing***, would love AA copying THAT, but not the food of fast food brands at large.
Old Oct 18, 2017, 10:52 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JDiver
KFC? Taco Bell? "Revolutionizing"? More like "revolting".
I would not go that far! Please see I used the word of 'inspired'. If you think KFC is revolting you should avoid Japan Airlines.

Finger licking at 30,000ft! Japan Airlines set to serve KFC chicken to passengers

JAL KFC meal in pictures

But do notice it was a while back (thus is history). But it does show it could be done.

And I did try to use some sarcasm in my post...So please treat my post as humorous as possible. But the topic is serious...lol
Old Oct 18, 2017, 10:59 am

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
The only meal based improvement I'd like to see, personally, is if the hot options were available by time of day rather than route time. Flying PHX-PDX through lunch time, I had my card out ready for the turkey sandwich only to be told that we only had 2.5 hours so it wasn't an option.
Old Oct 18, 2017, 11:49 am

Programs: UA Gold
Originally Posted by LovePrunes

Fun fact, Taco bell is actually one of the healthiest fast food chains now

http://www.businessinsider.com/taco-...chains-2016-10
FlyerTalker688786 likes this.
Old Oct 18, 2017, 1:05 pm
formerly PHLGrump

JetBlue should be the model for all airlines when it comes to in-flight food and drink.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.