Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Luggage check thru, or not? Bermuda to US

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 11, 2017, 8:44 pm
Original Poster

Dear All FTers~
I've had a search but not yielding any recent results on this, please merge it to the correct thread if it's duplicated...

Long story short, my family and I are travelling from BDA to DEN, via JFK and LAX. May I know if the luggage will be checked thru? We are in Business if it helps (yay u know y we have to go thru JFK and LAX now haha).

Some other thoughts that would need your help...
1) I'm thinking of trying out the Flagship lounge in JFK, how long should I allow the stopover in JFK and will it affect the luggage check thru?
2) I will meet a friend in LA so planning a overnight (probably leaving only the next day 7pm). Is it possible for us to claim the luggage in LAX?

Many thanks for your help!!!
Old Oct 11, 2017, 11:04 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by shek3112
Dear All FTers~
I've had a search but not yielding any recent results on this, please merge it to the correct thread if it's duplicated...

Long story short, my family and I are travelling from BDA to DEN, via JFK and LAX. May I know if the luggage will be checked thru? We are in Business if it helps (yay u know y we have to go thru JFK and LAX now haha).

Some other thoughts that would need your help...
1) I'm thinking of trying out the Flagship lounge in JFK, how long should I allow the stopover in JFK and will it affect the luggage check thru?
2) I will meet a friend in LA so planning a overnight (probably leaving only the next day 7pm). Is it possible for us to claim the luggage in LAX?

Many thanks for your help!!!
1) Is the baggage on one or separate PNRs? If separate, you'll recover labdsude and recheck wherever the ticket breaks.

2) AA generally won't check baggage through if there's an ~11 hour break in travel.
Old Oct 11, 2017, 11:28 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JDiver
1) Is the baggage on one or separate PNRs? If separate, you'll recover labdsude and recheck wherever the ticket breaks.

2) AA generally won't check baggage through if there's an ~11 hour break in travel.
It's bought on aa.com as a multi-city ticket, so I suppose it's 1 PNR?
Old Oct 12, 2017, 7:02 am

Programs: AA EXP
If it's all one PNR, with appropriately timed connections, then it will be checked through. There is a US Preclearance facility at BDA, so you and your luggage enter the USA there.
Old Oct 12, 2017, 9:09 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by deeruck
If it's all one PNR, with appropriately timed connections, then it will be checked through. There is a US Preclearance facility at BDA, so you and your luggage enter the USA there.
But, with a lengthy overnight and next day stay at LAX will most likely require recovering and rechecking baggage at LAX. Note the only baggage storage at LAX is arranging storage at a local hotel or using a service that picks up, stores and returns baggage to you. Link.
Old Oct 12, 2017, 6:06 pm
Original Poster

Thanks a lot @deeruck and @JDiver !

BTW, would anyone please help me out with the flagship lounge question? How long should i allow in jfk to experience it?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.