Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Business Class Blankets (Can passengers take them?)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Business Class Blankets (Can passengers take them?)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2018, 3:04 pm

Programs: DL Skymiles DM, Hertz President Circle, Enterprise Platinum, IHG, BW Diamond Select, AA EXP
Business class blankets as souvenirs

I was unaware that the business class blanket/pillow set was a free-to-take souvenir. This fine gentleman was standing in line for AA 2753 DFW-MKE this afternoon (about 10 mins before Group 1 boarding began) with a nicely wrapped in plastic business class blanket & pillow tucked under his arm. AND in the paper bag in his right hand is what looked to be a second blanket/pillow set still in plastic as best I could tell (sorry the photo is not the best, I was trying to be as discrete as possible). I will admit that the business class blankets are nicer than the standard domestic ones, but maybe try to be less obvious about it. Although neither the GA or FA said anything during boarding. Just goes to show that just because you sat in business class does not mean you have class.

nancypants likes this.

Last edited by hotshot265; Jan 20, 2018 at 3:16 pm
Old Jan 20, 2018, 3:25 pm

Programs: AA EXP.
maybe he really thought they were one time use? give him a break.
Old Jan 20, 2018, 3:39 pm

Maybe they were given to him for some reason.
kthomas likes this.
Old Jan 20, 2018, 3:40 pm

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PLT, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Amtrak, WN
Surprised to see that no one said anything when he was disembarking from his international flight. Every time I've seen someone try to take a set, the FAs have stopped them.
kthomas likes this.
Old Jan 20, 2018, 3:49 pm

Programs: DL Skymiles DM, Hertz President Circle, Enterprise Platinum, IHG, BW Diamond Select, AA EXP
In all fairness...maybe he got them or purchased them. Not sure why...that would be like getting a Hyatt comforter...no real reason to have one. I have flown business on both AA and DL and the blankets are nice but nothing I would take with me. Yes I have taken the amenity kits, but that is a little different.
@brewdog11--Yes I am too. Last fall when I did business DUB-ORD the FA were very attentive as to making sure things didn't disappear.
Old Jan 20, 2018, 3:51 pm

Programs: AA; Delta GM
I always thought you were supposed to take the amenity kits? But I assumed that blankets and pillows were cleaned and reused.
Old Jan 20, 2018, 4:49 pm

Originally Posted by aquamarinesteph
I always thought you were supposed to take the amenity kits? But I assumed that blankets and pillows were cleaned and reused.
100% the amenity kit is yours to keep
Old Jan 20, 2018, 5:01 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Amenity kits, pajamas, slippers are considered passenger removable.

Taking blankets, mattress pads or pillows:

pilferage (ˈpɪlfərɪdʒ)
n
1. the act or practice of stealing small quantities or articles
2. the amount so stolen
rumboj and nancypants like this.
Old Jan 20, 2018, 9:49 pm

Well a little follow up, upon deplaning the same individual took two of the domestic first class blankets as well. I was seated two rows back and sure enough, when he took the his “belongings” out of the overhead he tucked two under his arms with the international blankets and walked off.
Old Jan 20, 2018, 9:59 pm

Old Jan 20, 2018, 10:46 pm

Programs: American EXP; British Airways Gold
Originally Posted by hotshot265
Well, that just gutted posts #62 and #63 above. The pic indicates he took TWO blankets still sealed in plastic.

hotshot265, you just identified a thief.
nancypants likes this.
Old Jan 21, 2018, 12:41 am

Not AA but on all of my recent United (domestic) flights, the landing announcement included a reminder to first class passengers not to take the pillows and blankets.
Old Jan 21, 2018, 2:10 pm

Originally Posted by mathprof
Not AA but on all of my recent United (domestic) flights, the landing announcement included a reminder to first class passengers not to take the pillows and blankets.

UA also sells all of their Polaris stuff in their online store. Pillows, blankets, the whole shebang.

I wonder if AA will follow suit? I personally don't see the demand for it, but who knows.
Old Jan 24, 2018, 4:44 pm

Originally Posted by thunderlounge
UA also sells all of their Polaris stuff in their online store. Pillows, blankets, the whole shebang.

I wonder if AA will follow suit? I personally don't see the demand for it, but who knows.
I wonder if they did and I brought my own set with me if people will assume that I am stealing
Old Jan 24, 2018, 4:49 pm

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by Amil
I wonder if they did and I brought my own set with me if people will assume that I am stealing
Have them monogrammed, to prove they're yours.

This trick works in every case except if your name is Abner Adams.
MasterPlanner likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.