Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Lax to hkg in f - any reason to switch from cx to aa?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lax to hkg in f - any reason to switch from cx to aa?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18, 2017, 8:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Blumie
When you say "specialty steak houses" I assume you're referring to Outback and not a real steak house.
Don't you know that the low humidity environment on an airplane makes it very fast and economical for the airline to dry-age its steaks on board? And CX just retrofitted its 77W fleet with 1600 degree broilers.
eponymous_coward likes this.
Old Sep 19, 2017, 10:44 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by whimike
Mental note.... Don't go to any speciality steak houses recommended by Centurion.
To say the least.
Old Sep 20, 2017, 3:32 am

Programs: AA EXP 2.8m,Lifetime PLT, Hilton Diamond, IHG PlLT, SPG Gold
having flown both AA and CX in F, longhaul, CX is a clear leader.
Old Sep 20, 2017, 3:59 am

Originally Posted by fotographer
having flown both AA and CX in F, longhaul, CX is a clear leader.
+1.
Even with the CX food beeing not as good any more compared to a few years ago it is still better than the business class type food AA has.
Also the seat is much better. 3 across on the 777 vs 4 on AA. I can sleep well in the CX seat. On AA I always wake up when somebody moves thru the isle.
fotographer likes this.
Old Sep 20, 2017, 7:17 am

Programs: AA (PLATINUM), HHonors (DIAMOND)
CX F is way better than AA F. AA J is significantly better than CX J at the moment. The CX J food has gotten terrible.
Old Sep 20, 2017, 8:06 am

Programs: AAdvantage EXP
Originally Posted by flyer121
CX F is way better than AA F. AA J is significantly better than CX J at the moment. The CX J food has gotten terrible.
I know we are taking about F, but agree over and over for at least a year + that AA J is much better than CX J....

If both are 110K AA miles- Than CX is by far better use of Miles...

I have flown CX F a few times, but since the devaluation, I rather save 40K miles and fly J vs. F. As ExP I still get access to HKG F lounges, and I typically sleep 8-10 hours anyway.

Can anyone else justify spending an additional 40K AA miles if they do not have a boat load of miles laying around?
Old Sep 20, 2017, 8:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by get0ffdanutzz
Can anyone else justify spending an additional 40K AA miles if they do not have a boat load of miles laying around?
Well, if you ask 10 people here about justifying anything relating to airline prices (miles or $), you'll get 15 different answers.

But for sure, being OWE/EXP and having access to F lounges does diminish the value of those 40k miles somewhat. But the CX F flight experience is still meaningfully better than J (whether AA or CX), even if J is totally comfortable even on a 16 hour flight for most (including myself) but not all people (including my spouse). So personally, I think it's worth it.
get0ffdanutzz likes this.
Old Sep 20, 2017, 10:47 am

Programs: CX Diamond, AA CK (quit 2018), Starwood Platinum, National EXC Elite
CX versus AA

The biggest driver for me was (as experienced) is the ability to re-act to IRROPS. AA does not have enough frames to deal with it. I had a friend that was due to fly back 9/19 #192 , but as 125 inbound was delayed, he was re-booked the following day on same #192 , and insult to injury missed last flight of day connection in LAX due to an illegal MCT to remote T5 (of AA's doing).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.