Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

FAs "Not allowed" to serve canned drinks on 1 hr flights?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FAs "Not allowed" to serve canned drinks on 1 hr flights?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8, 2017, 8:31 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I've been seeing this more and more too, LAS-LAX as others have mentioned, also, RDU-DCA on an ER4 recently was water only. The flight wasn't even 100% full and that was "all they had time for". Meanwhile, had I been on RDU-BWI on a full WN 737 they'd have done a full drinks service
Old Sep 8, 2017, 8:33 pm

We definitely need a drinks service on all flights.
Old Sep 10, 2017, 10:31 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
CLT-PHL yesterday on a mostly full A-321 (actual flying time: 1hr04) had a full drink service ^
Old Sep 10, 2017, 10:05 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1k, Marriott Gold, HH Gold, X Elite+
Had a r/t that's blocked at 1hr 5, but the actual flying time ends up 30 or less. On the flight out, "flight is so short we don't have beverage service" but on return, we had time for pretzel service plus a "water/oj" service. I'm confused at the different offerings....previously this route had a limited service plus whatever exp wanted. Now, catering is seemingly tbd. According to rules, every flight should be water/on, correct?
Old Sep 11, 2017, 10:07 am

Programs: AA LT PLT 3MM, Hilton/Marriott/SPG/Club Carlson GLD, IHG PLT
Originally Posted by Kreative03
Had a r/t that's blocked at 1hr 5, but the actual flying time ends up 30 or less. On the flight out, "flight is so short we don't have beverage service" but on return, we had time for pretzel service plus a "water/oj" service. I'm confused at the different offerings....previously this route had a limited service plus whatever exp wanted. Now, catering is seemingly tbd. According to rules, every flight should be water/on, correct?
I'm presuming this was not mainline service, perhaps different operating carriers, Republic, Envoy etc.
Old Sep 11, 2017, 11:15 am

Programs: AA EXP
I flew DCA-PVD (57min gate to gate) last week in J. We got a PDB plus full drinks/snack service. I believe the Y cabin also had a full drink service. PSA was the operator, I believe. Definitely not mainline.
Old Sep 19, 2017, 4:44 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AAdvantage Gold
Distance cutoff for a US regional in '08

I was a FA for a US Airways regional in 2008, and our cutoff for full cart service wasn't supposed to be based off of time, but flight distance, which was 185 miles. There was a chart in the flight attendant manual that listed the segment distances for reference if you weren't sure. There were some routes that were right on the cusp that you either may or may not do a full service on depending on flight time and loads. PHL-ORF is a good example of a route that I think was technically in the "full service" category where it wasn't always feasible.
Old Sep 20, 2017, 2:26 pm

I fly CLT-RDU-CLT every few months, and on this very short flight, I've never not received PDB or drink service inflight. I remember the captain telling a f/a once "flying time is 33 minutes, do you need us to slow down for service?". Answer was no - they managed just fine
Old Sep 20, 2017, 2:52 pm

Programs: American Exec Plat, Hyatt Refugeeist, Marriot Gold, Air Canada Cattle Class, Korean Air Morning Plat
Originally Posted by swingaling
I flew DCA-PVD (57min gate to gate) last week in J. We got a PDB plus full drinks/snack service. I believe the Y cabin also had a full drink service. PSA was the operator, I believe. Definitely not mainline.
I Second this. I'm thinking it must be a LUS crew but never an issue.

I fly PHX-TUC a lot and about 40% of the time the pilot comes on and announcing turbulence so no service. If it is the last flight of the night, it is almost a 100 percent certainty.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.