Community
Wiki Posts
Search

change fees when flight cancelled

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31, 2017, 10:16 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, MileagePlus, SkyMiles
I'd call back one more time. 3rd time being the charm and all that, and insist on speaking with a supervisor.
Old Aug 1, 2017, 4:50 am

Programs: AA LT PLT 3MM, Hilton/Marriott/SPG/Club Carlson GLD, IHG PLT
Originally Posted by MrAndy1369
I'd call back one more time. 3rd time being the charm and all that, and insist on speaking with a supervisor.
Correct, this is a perfect example of HUCA, but I can see being on OP shoes, after calling 2 times with same outcome, many passengers looking for re-accommodations due to the cancelled flight, time is of essence and you need to prioritize what you want, which is finding a suitable replacement flight. RIC is not a hub, and most likely there are not many carriers offering the route.

The inconsistency within AA agent has been mentioned numerous times in other threads, HUCA is your friend, but it shouldn't be. AA needs to up their game in this area, as it certainly reflects badly on them. A distressed traveler due to AA fault being charged extra $ to assist is not the best customer service. Or, just thinking, could this have been the results of a BE fare?

Last edited by arollins; Aug 1, 2017 at 4:56 am
Old Aug 1, 2017, 5:13 am
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Several years ago my dfw-lga flt was cancelled. An Admirals Club agent suggested a re-route dfw-hartford (conn).*
[I still wouldn't get back to NYC when I needed to be there.]
*I assume the agents search system came up with this alternative and not her knowledge of east coast geography.
Old Aug 3, 2017, 3:00 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by arollins
AA needs to up their game in this area, as it certainly reflects badly on them.
Agreed.

DL is way ahead of AA in this area. I can rebook myself faster, usually hassle-free via the app, on DL and I'm no-status there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.