FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-733/)
-   -   AA Ending AA Codeshare On QR / Qatar and EY / Etihad 25 Mar 2018 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage/1853348-aa-ending-aa-codeshare-qr-qatar-ey-etihad-25-mar-2018-a.html)

JonNYC Jul 18, 2017 4:46 pm

Originally Posted by trav2000 (Post 28577019)
I tried to book award seats on QR from JFK to DOH for 27 March 2018 using AA miles. The BA website shows availability. In fact, I can book the seats on the BA website. But, AA cannot book the seats. The agent said that QR was no longer a member of OW as of 25 March 2018.

Ignore that last part, obviously, but see these last couple of posts in this thread as well:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...l#post28576539

a330boston Jul 19, 2017 9:28 am

Originally Posted by trav2000 (Post 28577019)
. The agent said that QR was no longer a member of OW as of 25 March 2018.

That is so not true. I just searched "Qatar Airways leave One Wold Alliance" on google and nothing recent and relevent came up. Agent is soo wrong

bamin Jul 19, 2017 10:21 am

I just call to get a QR award and was told their contract has expired. When asked about EY, it is the same. Both have availability on BA site.

C17PSGR Jul 19, 2017 11:17 am

QR has significant investments in LAN and BA. Leaving Oneworld seems unlikely .... then again, AA picking a fight with a Oneworld partner seems unlikely as well.

TGGDEL Jul 19, 2017 11:29 am

Originally Posted by bamin (Post 28579914)
I just call to get a QR award and was told their contract has expired. When asked about EY, it is the same. Both have availability on BA site.

Weird, I just booked an EY award in J and was told by the agent only QR was negatively effected.

JonNYC Jul 19, 2017 11:57 am

I just call to get a QR award and was told their contract has expired. When asked about EY, it is the same.

Definitely not.

Originally Posted by TGGDEL (Post 28580223)
Weird, I just booked an EY award in J and was told by the agent on QR was negatively effected.

To the extent that this -new- issue exists (and it seems to to some extent) it definitely is QR only, not EY.

cmd320 Jul 19, 2017 11:58 am

Originally Posted by C17PSGR (Post 28580174)
...then again, AA picking a fight with a Oneworld partner seems unlikely as well.

AA sheepishly following DL's move though, that's highly likely.

SeeBuyFly Jul 19, 2017 12:03 pm

EY has availability on the BA site, yeah right.

bamin Jul 19, 2017 2:24 pm

Originally Posted by TGGDEL (Post 28580223)
Weird, I just booked an EY award in J and was told by the agent on QR was negatively effected.

When did you book. I called twice today. Trying to get a J award for OW CGK - (any US airports). They did find me a JAL F award to ORD.

nomiiiii Aug 10, 2017 6:38 pm

This is for a cash ticket, and the dropped codeshare has basically made my ticketed flight disappear.

Details:

Seattle - JFK - AUH on american and etihad metal, for April 2018, bought on 001 american stock, with AA flight numbers a few months ago.

Now that codeshare has dropped, my reservation only shows SEA - JFK. The other segment JFK - AUH is gone from american's system, cannot see it in my record locator, cannot see it in etihad's system. Its gone. As if the flight has cancelled operations.

Calling them led to agents incorrectly saying that JFK - AUH flight is no longer running (it is, just as EY100 instead of AA). Kept offering me to go SEA-JFK-LHR-AUH instead.

Had to call four different times till an agent was able to figure out how to reinstate my ticket on EY100, and even for that they had to keep me on hold for long time to get approvals etc. Its still not fully done yet, need to wait a few days till the flight number change from AA to EY takes effect. Currently "on request" to ticket me on EY100 instead of the old AA code.