Search

LGB Gate Agents (the friendliness of)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2017, 12:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: American Airlines
LGB Gate Agents (the friendliness of)

I find them the friendliest, cheerful, and most professional agents I've ever dealt with at this airline. It appears to be the same two gals and I notice they do indeed take note and say hi by name to the regular lgb-phx flyers.

Anyone else notice this? It's a refreshing change compared to people like the bag sizer <redacted> at sky harbor.

Last edited by JDiver; Jun 24, 2017 at 2:44 pm Reason: Redacted offensive characterization
Old Jun 24, 2017, 2:29 pm

Programs: AA LT Platinum, Hilton LT Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Maybe they can addd some mainline DFW flights soon!
Old Jun 25, 2017, 9:24 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond
I fly in and out of LGB on a bi-weekly basis and am always greeted by name! They are great! I have written into LUS (prior to the merger) and now with the new AA and acknowledged them.
Old Jun 25, 2017, 11:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by USAmerican
I fly in and out of LGB on a bi-weekly basis and am always greeted by name! They are great! I have written into LUS (prior to the merger) and now with the new AA and acknowledged them.
Does AA fly into LGB from any other city than phx? If not no wonder these ladies know their flyers!
Old Jun 27, 2017, 3:32 pm
Used to be 'g_leyser'

Location: Brandon Johnson International Airport (expect delays)
Programs: AA PlatPro, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Plat, Reno Air MEGA Platinum
Originally Posted by enviroian
Does AA fly into LGB from any other city than phx? If not no wonder these ladies know their flyers!
Nope, just PHX.
Old Jun 28, 2017, 4:44 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Originally Posted by enviroian
Hard to believe that AA used to have 3x daily JFK-LGB service, as well as LGB-ORD/DFW. That was over 10 years ago, though. LGB and BUR now only have AA service again (PHX only) simply because of the US merger.

-FlyerBeek
Old Jun 28, 2017, 5:57 am

Programs: AA EXP, Amex Plt, AA AC
I miss LGB, I used to live near it and fly out of there all the time. I'd say at any of the small airports though I get treated very well be it SBP, SBA or AZO. They all go out of their way to get you there by any means possible. I even ended up in a shuttle one time from SBP-LAX due to a problem at SBP and they found that solution the best to make my flights.
Old Jun 28, 2017, 8:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by aisleorwindow
Nope, just PHX.
Every flight I've taken the CR9 is full to the gills. I surprised they don't upgrade equipment to a 170.
Old Jun 28, 2017, 8:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by FlyerBeek
Hard to believe that AA used to have 3x daily JFK-LGB service
Wow. Well as far as JFK-LGB I guess that's what those B6 320's down the way are doing now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.