Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Combine Payment Types

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2017, 12:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EP, UA Gold-MM, UA 1K (former), GS (former),SPG LT Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond
Combine Payment Types

Hi All,

I searched a bit for this but was only able to drag up some not very useful threads from 2009 and 2013.

My question is around which types of payment methods can be combined together. I have the following forms of credits with AA and want to understand which ones can be used together.

(A) Credit from a cancelled non-refundable reservation (no voucher, just "in AA's system")
(B) Paper Voucher
(C) eVoucher

Scenarios:

(1) Paper and eVoucher together: My understanding is that these can't be combined. However is there a way to convert the paper to electronic?

(2) Multiple Paper vouchers: I think here I can just mail them all togther (but there may be a limit to the number)

(3) Multiple eVouchers: up to 8 can be combined per the T&C's

(4) eVoucher and credit from a cancelled flight: unknown to me. Can these be combined? If so, how?

(5) Paper voucher and credit from a cancelled flight: unknown to me. Can these be combined? If so, how?
Old Jun 14, 2017, 10:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EP, UA Gold-MM, UA 1K (former), GS (former),SPG LT Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond
Anyone know?
Old Jun 14, 2017, 2:58 pm
Used to be 'g_leyser'

Location: Brandon Johnson International Airport (expect delays)
Programs: AA PlatPro, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Plat, Reno Air MEGA Platinum
I don't see why you couldn't combine all 3 together, unless the Ts & Cs specifically restrict combinability.

Obviously you'd have to call and find a competent agent.

I would put the res on hold first and then call to avoid a ticketing fee.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.