Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Guide: Flagship First Dining at JFK / J F Kennedy Int値.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Guide: Flagship First Dining at JFK / J F Kennedy Int値.

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2019, 10:39 am

Programs: AA EXP, HH Gold,MR Gold, Avis CHM

Flagship Dining Wine List on 7/18

Flagship Dining Menu on 7/18
Old Jul 18, 2019, 12:10 pm

Programs: Global Entry
not sure if it's already been mentioned, but I think the menu in FFD at JFK changes around 11:30am from brunch to dinner

also, would highly recommend signature burger here
Old Aug 8, 2019, 1:46 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Andriyko
I know it is a silly question but does anyone know if they start serving alcohol (read champagne) at noon on Sundays or at 10am since the law has changed? Thanks.
Related (in the sense that it involves Champagne ) question:

I know that in the FL proper they don't bring out the bubbly until 8AM. We will arrive on a redeye (SFO-JFK) at about 6:30AM on a Saturday, Will we be able to get Champers in FFD in the 7AM hour?

Cheers.
Old Aug 8, 2019, 2:31 pm

Originally Posted by brp

I know that in the FL proper they don't bring out the bubbly until 8AM. We will arrive on a redeye (SFO-JFK) at about 6:30AM on a Saturday, Will we be able to get Champers in FFD in the 7AM hour?

Cheers.
As I recall, a few months ago it was 8am.
Old Aug 8, 2019, 3:17 pm

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by brp

Cheers.
Originally Posted by Global321
Very unlike the CX Wing (or Pier) F lounges at HKG where you can get in at 5:30 AM and grab some champagne to bring into the Cabana for a luxurious bath and shower..
Global321 likes this.

Last edited by teemuflyer; Aug 8, 2019 at 3:24 pm
Old Aug 8, 2019, 4:19 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Global321
Don't want to hang around for 90 minutes for a glass of Champers, but I wouldn't mind a delay
Actually, given that we're departing DFO, that's not at all unlikely...

Originally Posted by teemuflyer
Very unlike the CX Wing (or Pier) F lounges at HKG where you can get in at 5:30 AM and grab some champagne to bring into the Cabana for a luxurious bath and shower..
Indeed. Definitely more civilized (or hedonistic, which is better).

Cheers.
Old Aug 8, 2019, 6:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Tuesday afternoon. Same summer menu as posted above. After a slow start, this turned out to be one of the best FFD meals I've enjoyed.

Since I had two hours to kill before my JFK-BDA flight, I decided to sample the menu with three starters. I started light with the Spring Pea Salad, sugar snap peas, English peas, pea shoots, lemon, mint, parsnip-cauliflower pur馥, toasted macadamia nuts. This dish just didn't do anything for me. Bland with inedible snap peas.

But after that disappointment, a big wow. The Korean-style Beef Carpaccio was sensational. Creekstone Farms beef tenderloin with sweet soy, Asian pear, French radish, baby fennel pickle, kewpie furikake.

Next up was the Chimichurri Rock Shrimp Arepa. Another wow... marinated rock shrimp, white corn arepa, red cabbage slaw, aji amarillo crema, soft herbs. Amazing.

For my main, the Lamb Porterhouse with chickpeas, fava beans, Persian cucumbers, heirloom cherry tomatoes, ricotta salata, herbed goat cheese.

The lamb was spectacular. Perfectly prepared with an amazing combination of accompanying flavors. Even better with a glass of the Pagodes de Cos d'Estournel Bordeaux.

Andriyko and Global321 like this.
Old Aug 8, 2019, 11:28 pm

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, TK Elite, HHonors Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by brp

Cheers.
The hours for alcohol are the same in the FL and the FFD.
Old Aug 9, 2019, 10:00 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The hours for alcohol are the same in the FL and the FFD.
Thanks. Consistent (unfortunately) with what was said above
Cheers
Old Aug 9, 2019, 10:20 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, TK Elite, HHonors Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by brp
Thanks. Consistent (unfortunately) with what was said above
Cheers
Both are equally slow with putting it out... The staff did not realize that us loitering near the bar meant that it was 10am already and we wanted our champagne as it was waaay past noon back at home. They did promptly poured us 2 glasses when we asked.

Last edited by Andriyko; Aug 10, 2019 at 1:40 am Reason: Spelling
Old Aug 9, 2019, 1:40 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Both are equally slow with potting it out... The staff did not realize that us loitering near the bar meant that it was 10am already and we wanted our champagne as it was waaay past noon back at home. They did promptly poured us 2 glasses when we asked.
Earlier this year we were there on arrival (FL, not FFD) on a redeye. It was closer to maybe 7:30, so we stopped in for breakfast and I did wait for the Chapmers. It was close to 8:10 by the time it actually came out. And it sounds like that may be good performance

Cheers.

Last edited by brp; Aug 9, 2019 at 2:05 pm
Old Sep 3, 2019, 6:49 am

Programs: UA MM Gold, AA Ex Plat, SPG Plat,Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold, National Executive Elite
Guest flying JFK-LAX

A bit confused ....reading the rules I see that guests are not allowed on transcons. When I was in the Lax lounge last week I asked 2 agents if I have a +1 that is in Biz and I am in FC they will allow them into the dining room. Maybe its just those agents or an LAX thing but was only planning to upgrade to F on my next JFK-LAX flight if my +1 could dine with me
Just curious from any experience etc

Thanks
Old Sep 3, 2019, 8:19 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Was at JFK FFD tonight. Krug on the menu, but they had apparently run out of Krug and had not kept up their stock. Serving the Besserat that is in the regular Flagship Lounge.
Old Sep 10, 2019, 1:22 pm

Programs: AAdvantage EP, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by DMPHL
Was at JFK FFD tonight. Krug on the menu, but they had apparently run out of Krug and had not kept up their stock. Serving the Besserat that is in the regular Flagship Lounge.
Oof, any idea if they're permanently out of Krug or if it's a temporary thing? Flying JFK-SFO in transcon First in a month and was looking forward to a few good glugs...
Old Sep 10, 2019, 1:31 pm

Programs: BA SIL, WN A, UA SIL, Marriott TIT (LT), Hilton DIA
Had 3 glasses of Krug in JFK FFD on Sep 6, along with the kale salad, fried shrimp appetizer, halibut main, and chocolate cake.

don稚 judge, that was most of what I had to eat all day.

it was all excellent
teemuflyer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.