Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Air Wisconsin/Republic Airlines -- Any reviews?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2017, 11:06 am
Original Poster

Looking to travel from Toronto to Orlando at Christmas and the least expensive flights are from AA but using Air Wisconsin and/or Republic Airlines.

Any one tried these airlines before?

Would they be comparable to Air Canada Rouge?
Old Jun 5, 2017, 10:06 am

These are just your typical regional carriers that contract with a mainline (AA in your case). From your perspective you'll be flying an AA aircraft, it will just be on a smaller aircraft rather than a larger 737 or likewise. I believe Air Wisconsin only operates CRJ 200s, which is a small/cramped plane, but it will still get you where you need to go. And yes, as far as seat comfort goes, the CRJ 200 probably compares with Air Canada Rouge
Old Jun 6, 2017, 12:15 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Lets continue this discussion in the AA forum.

Prospero
Senior Moderator
Old Jun 6, 2017, 6:40 am
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by xcell
Would they be comparable to Air Canada Rouge?
The better comparison would probably be Air Canada Express (operated by Sky Regional, Jazz, Air Georgian, etc.)
Old Jun 6, 2017, 7:09 am

Programs: AA EXP
I fly to/from YYZ often. I'd take Republic operated flights any day over the Air Wisconsin, or Air Canada Express (Air Georgian out of CLT) garbage any day. I've done all countless times. The CRJ-200 is hands down the worst RJ in either fleet. Not to mention, the Air Wisconsin flight to CLT seems to get cancelled more frequently than the Republic flights to CLT for some reason- when weather goes bad or ATC is a mess. The E175s also have a J cabin if that is important to you- none of the CRJ-200 flights have premium seating.

That is my experience anyway...I'd pick the Republic flights first. AC Rouge is also a disaster from my experience- and I used to be AC loyal- although the only thing it would have going for it would be a non-stop flight vs. a connection somewhere on the way down.
Old Jun 6, 2017, 7:11 am

Programs: DL PM; UA 1K; AA 1MM
Originally Posted by ACA321
I'd pick the Republic flights first.
Yep, I would take an E170/E175 over a CRJ200 on any airline any day of the week.
Old Jun 6, 2017, 8:14 am

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Formerly Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by ty97
Yep, I would take an E170/E175 over a CRJ200 on any airline any day of the week.
Add another vote for taking the Republic 175's over the AW CRJ200's. Unless there's a big impact to schedule, you will be much more comfortable in the 175 cabin vs the CRJ200's.
Old Jun 6, 2017, 9:03 am

Programs: CoUniHound 1K 1MM, AA EXP 2MM, DL Plat, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
I think a lot of people would take the E175 over any other narrowbody in AA"s mainline fleet, let alone the CRJ200.
Old Jun 6, 2017, 1:32 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Enterprise PLT, Marriott Gold
There is a reason I, and many others call it "Air Wiscancel"

Avoid AW if you can, especially in winter.

Plus E175 over CRJ2 anytime.
Old Jun 6, 2017, 7:39 pm

Programs: AA PP 8MM, UA 1K 1MM, DL Gold 2MM, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Platinum
The Republic flight crews are generally very service-oriented. Always IME offer PDBs in First and excellent service in flight in both cabins.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.