Community
Wiki Posts
Search

is this possible?

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2017, 6:53 am
Original Poster

is this possible?

Will be fly ORD-HKG in paid PE on cathay pacific. I'd like to use my asia miles (from Amex MR) to upgrade. Is there anyway I can do this but still get AA EQM/EQD credit.

i assume no, but thought someone here might understand how.
Old May 10, 2017, 6:56 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Can we assume that you purchased the ticket from CX on CX ticket stock with your Cathay FF number attached so that your Cathay miles can be used for the upgrade? If the upgrade clears in advance on all segments that you're trying to upgrade and the ticket is reissued, does something prevent you from changing the FF number to AA during OLCI or at the airport?
Old May 10, 2017, 7:05 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Can we assume that you purchased the ticket from CX on CX ticket stock with your Cathay FF number attached so that your Cathay miles can be used for the upgrade? If the upgrade clears in advance on all segments that you're trying to upgrade and the ticket is reissued, does something prevent you from changing the FF number to AA during OLCI or at the airport?
havent purchased yet. but i dont know if you can change FF number once upgrade is processed.
Old May 10, 2017, 7:29 am
Aman Contributor Badge

Yes and no.

you can upgrade with Asia miles (providing you booked the more expensive upgradable fare) but good luck getting the miles credited, despite you being eligible to receive credit.

The issue lies in the upgraded seat shows as a redemption fare code and AA will not automatically give you credit. It took a fedex'd letter to AA HQ to get it sorted. others have reported similar.
Old May 10, 2017, 11:17 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Cityflyer10
Yes and no.

you can upgrade with Asia miles (providing you booked the more expensive upgradable fare) but good luck getting the miles credited, despite you being eligible to receive credit.

The issue lies in the upgraded seat shows as a redemption fare code and AA will not automatically give you credit. It took a fedex'd letter to AA HQ to get it sorted. others have reported similar.
Second that. Just short of FedEx'ing , but took over two months and three rejected claims (with corroborating evidence). Finally lucked out and got a sympathetic EXP agent to take care of it.
Old May 10, 2017, 11:53 am
E55

An easily overlooked detail.
Originally Posted by Cityflyer10
(providing you booked the more expensive upgradable fare)
Old May 10, 2017, 1:13 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Please use accurate, descriptive titles as per the Rules in the future.

For answers to your question, please see hhttp://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage/799356-earning-aa-aadvantage-miles-cx-cathay-including-upgrade-issues.html

/Moderator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.