Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Bonus promotion with AA (shopping/dining) partners: 2k/5k/10k [ended Jun 2017]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bonus promotion with AA (shopping/dining) partners: 2k/5k/10k [ended Jun 2017]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2017, 6:20 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Same as most folks here: 5k posted (backdated to 15 Jun) despite being eligible for the full 10k. All individual qualifying transactions posted on time.

-FlyerBeek
Old Sep 14, 2017, 6:56 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL DM, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold
Ugh, not even sure where to start on complaining that I dont have my full 10K. And there are so many transactions in my account, I cant even got back to see when the actual purchases posted. Great website, AA
Old Sep 15, 2017, 10:01 am

Programs: US, HH
My miles didn't post, I called today.

Clueless agent, no idea about this promo, it's not on their "promo calendar", and based on the verbiage re "expected to post by Sept 15", she claims it may still post today and to call back next week.

Now that may well be, but my guess is she has no idea about this one and just didn't want to do anything with it.

What is most annoying is that it took her almost 35 mins to even get to the point where she finally pulled it up on the website and understood what it was. This promo does not appear to have an identifying code to make it easier to tell them what you are calling about either.

This might be a case where email is better so you can inlcude the link to the promo and spell out which transactions would have triggered the applicable bonus.
Old Sep 15, 2017, 2:31 pm

Data point on my missing 5k miles

I called AA and they were familiar with promotion. She looked at my account and I had gotten credit for Vinesse, dining, and eshopping, but not for 1800-flowers.

I had 2 purchases from the website. One somehow posted as an AA eShopping transaction (which apparantly doesnt count). That very possibly couldve been my fault. However the other 1800-flowers transaction never posted at all. So I called 1800-flowers, they agreed I shouldve gotten credit and they said they'd look into it.

With the really awful instructions on how to get credit for 1800-flowers, I'd bet that is the cause of so many people missing miles.
Old Sep 15, 2017, 4:29 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Who are you calling regarding this? AAdvantage Customer Service or someone else?

-FlyerBeek
Old Sep 15, 2017, 4:52 pm

Originally Posted by FlyerBeek
Who are you calling regarding this? AAdvantage Customer Service or someone else?

-FlyerBeek
AAdvantage Customer Service. Except the number on the website connected me to reservations. So I ask them to transfer me. This has happened more than once now.
Old Sep 16, 2017, 7:15 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Got the 10k for the 4 transactions ^
Old Sep 18, 2017, 10:58 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Gold
I sent screenshots of purchases on 1800 flowers and Vinesse to AA.
They acknowledged receipt of the purchases:

"Hello zip10001,

Thank you for sending us the information we needed.

We greatly appreciate your patience while we work with other team
members to complete your request.

Let us know in 3 weeks if you don't notice any updates.

It's always our pleasure to help AAdvantage® Executive Platinum members
like yourself.

Warm Regards,

Melissa P.
AAdvantage Customer Service
American Airlines"
Old Sep 19, 2017, 9:41 am

Called AAdvantage Customer Service this morning. This now seems to be a known issue, because the representative read from a memo stating it would be resolved within the next 3 weeks and the additional owed miles should post then. She said it had to do with the Vinesse posting late, and AA now had to determine the actual transaction date for those Vinesse transactions that posted to accounts after June 15th. For those who completed the Vinesse sign-up earlier in the promotion window, it shouldn't have affected you.

-FlyerBeek
Old Sep 19, 2017, 6:39 pm
SK

Cuivis dolori remedium est patientia

The 2,000 miles I was expecting did not post (and Vinesse was not involved - I had dinning and shopping as my two qualifying transactions, both fulfilling all the criteria).

I waited till today, just in case, to email AA. Hopefully it will be resolved...
Old Sep 19, 2017, 7:27 pm

Originally Posted by SK
The 2,000 miles I was expecting did not post (and Vinesse was not involved - I had dinning and shopping as my two qualifying transactions, both fulfilling all the criteria).

I waited till today, just in case, to email AA. Hopefully it will be resolved...
Same here. I emailed them and got a reply yesterday to wait two more weeks.
Old Sep 19, 2017, 8:44 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Discoverist
I only received 5,000 of my 10,000 miles. I'm sure it was from my 1800flowers transaction because they messed it up when I placed the order. Guess I'll have to deal with customer service now.
Old Sep 27, 2017, 7:26 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by FlyerBeek
Same as most folks here: 5k posted (backdated to 15 Jun) despite being eligible for the full 10k. All individual qualifying transactions posted on time.

-FlyerBeek
Ditto for me. Sent message on Sept 14 to AA, received message ~10 business days later. They've forwarded onto to other team members and, "Let us know in 2 weeks if you don't notice any updates." Geez going on 4 months plus time spent to receive what was offered.
Old Oct 1, 2017, 12:13 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist
Missing 5000 posted, backdated to Sept 26. I'm good now.
Old Oct 3, 2017, 8:11 pm

Still missing mine; who should I call/e-mail on this?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.