Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Is there anyway to have AA notify me automatically of an aircraft/seating change?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is there anyway to have AA notify me automatically of an aircraft/seating change?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2017, 4:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA: PPro, 4MM; HH: Lifetime Diamond; MAR Life Titanium Hertz: Prez Circle

Just had my aircraft DFW-OGG changed from a 763 to 772. Only discovered that from JonNYC's tweet (thanks!). AA moved my family out of MCE to the back of the new plane without notifying me of the change, luckily I was able to get 4 seats back in MCE. Is there anyway to get automatic notifications, especially when AA dumps me into a worse seat?
Old Apr 17, 2017, 4:43 pm

Programs: AA EXP
expert flyer premium subscription...well worth it!
Old Apr 17, 2017, 4:51 pm

Programs: AA Platinum Pro
We had the same thing happen DFW-HNL-DFW for a July trip and did not receive an email. I saw on a thread here that AA was scheduling a 772 starting July 5 on the route for flight #123 . I went in to "my trip" and reassigned our seats to what we wanted, as we had been assigned random seats by AA.

Did recently receive a slight schedule and aircraft change for an upcoming trip. And got an email. Always have over the years when a schedule change is involved. Again had to go in and change seats to what we wanted, as AA had randomly assigned us seats on the new aircraft.

So, I only think you get email notification if there is a schedule change. That is my experience.
Old Apr 17, 2017, 5:36 pm

Programs: Double OWE (AA EXP, QF Plat), FI Gold
Originally Posted by 869
+1.

A monthly subscription is $9.99 and you can cancel it once your trip is over; however, if you travel even semi-frequently it can be well worth the yearly subscription fee.
Old Apr 17, 2017, 8:28 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, AA revenue negative, Bonvoy Titanium +, Avis likes me
Originally Posted by 869

+1
Old Apr 19, 2017, 10:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA: PPro, 4MM; HH: Lifetime Diamond; MAR Life Titanium Hertz: Prez Circle
Subscribed when was hunting for award inventory, seems like a lot to spend to know that my seat has moved.http://cdn.flyertalk.com/forum/image...thumbsdown.gif
Old Apr 19, 2017, 11:15 am
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by stewlevine
Subscribed when was hunting for award inventory, seems like a lot to spend to know that my seat has moved.http://cdn.flyertalk.com/forum/image...thumbsdown.gif
On EF you can set notifications for lots of "nice" things, for me "C" availability for intl Y to J (with SWU usage) is the BEST. But knowing how many F seats are available for sale re comp EXP upg Y to J is another biggie!
Old Apr 19, 2017, 12:24 pm

$9.99/month is a bit high for the casual flyer, such as myself (2-4 trips/year). I just create recurring, weekly reminders in Outlook [that run until the week of the flight] to verify that no schedule/seat changes have occurred. It's a total of 2 minutes of effort every week on my part.
Old Apr 19, 2017, 2:50 pm

Programs: AA EXP
EF has an alert for an equipment change I believe
Old Apr 20, 2017, 8:41 pm

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
Re EF- if your seat assignments cause you to obsess as some have here- it is well worth the $0.27 per day.
Old Apr 20, 2017, 9:06 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by NTP9766
$9.99/month is a bit high for the casual flyer, such as myself (2-4 trips/year). I just create recurring, weekly reminders in Outlook [that run until the week of the flight] to verify that no schedule/seat changes have occurred. It's a total of 2 minutes of effort every week on my part.
Tbf, OP asked for a solution, we gave him arguably the only automated solution available. Yes, it costs money, but it is the price of convenience.

UA at least alerts about flight swaps through their app. Maybe AA has something similar somewhere in their alerts.

Biggest problem with equipment change is that seating assignments get shuffled. Spotting the change as soon as it happens can allow you to reselect your seats before others do.
Old Apr 20, 2017, 9:53 pm

Originally Posted by stewlevine
Subscribed when was hunting for award inventory, seems like a lot to spend to know that my seat has moved.
Yes, it's a bit steep if you only use it for seat / aircraft alerts. If you travel regularly though, I bet you'll find it useful for other searches like flight availability, fare details, flight status, etc.
Old Apr 21, 2017, 5:39 am

Originally Posted by Explorer789
UA at least alerts about flight swaps through their app. Maybe AA has something similar somewhere in their alerts.
Hahaha.

No, AA doesn't even tell you about major schedule changes or cancellations a lot of the time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.